“Sip slowly!”

Greystone Bar & Cellar
Ranked #2,489 of 4,637 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Description: Greystone Bar & Cellar is a tapas bar & late night bottle shop located in the heart of South Bank just opposite the movies. Our menus consists of some healthy options, pizzas, toasties, platters and tasty Australian style tapas. We can cater for functions from 5 people to 150 people with 4 outdoor function areas to choose from depending on your function needs. Our added bonus is we have NO HIRE FEE, NO MINIMUM SPEND & NO CAKEAGE FEE! Our Bar contains an extensive range of spirits & liqueurs including some top shelf options. With a huge range of cocktails, over 40 types of beers & ciders and 140 varieties of wines by the bottle, everyone will find their type of drink! Our Bottle Shop is the only bottle shop in Brisbane that is open until 3am on Thursday, Friday & Saturday! Now that this something to tell your mates about!
Reviewed 8 November 2016

Visiting the Southbank area is a very rare treat for us out of towners and we began our night out with a drink. My partner returned with one cider and one glass of wine and couldn't speak for a few moments. "Sip slowly", he whispered. The price had so shaken him. "Perhaps they pay the staff fantastic wages", I suggested. When he told me the cost, I too gasped. We did sip very slowly and left. Fortunately we did find another venue with much more realistic prices and also good food.

There are newer reviews for Greystone Bar & Cellar

Reviewed 23 October 2016

I went to the Greystone Bar & Cellar with colleagues after a day at the Convention Centre so we could talk about some of our projects. Great selection of cocktails, and the ones I tasted (Cosmo and another one with Midori for which I don't remember the name) were absolutely delicious. In fast, the best Cosmo I ever drank! However, they are pretty expansive (16$ for a cocktail), although that's a common price range for Southbank Brisbane. I would still recommend it!

1  Thank bdesh
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Called in for pre-concert drinks which are over priced and certainly cocktails were very poor and likely to have been watered down.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Went there a couple of times for the CouchSurfing meetings. Staff was always really friendly and the people of the CouchSurfing meetings get happy hour prices on beer. We also get free french fries, which is really nice of the owner :)

Nice outdoor terrace, you are close to a lot of good restaurants on Grey Street. Perfect place to grab a quick after-work beer with your colleagues or after a dinner!

1  Thank Fräulein W
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I had lunch here with a friend on a Wednesday, we shared a platter and had some wine. The food was great, the atmosphere was so relaxed and the staff were super friendly, we ended up having a chat to the owner (I think... or manager) about the regional flavours festival. Anyway, I'm droning on. All in all I just had a great time and would recommenced this place to anyone looking for a relaxing, casual dining experience.

1  Thank Shari P
Tepil C, Manager at Greystone Bar & Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words about Greystone Bar and our staff. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your lunch and the time that you spend at Greystone.