“Breakfast at Jak & Hill”
Review of Jak & Hill

Jak & Hill
Ranked #72 of 5,008 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018

The best part of Jak & Hill is the friendly staff and easy location to the city but far enough that it is quiet and peaceful and not smack in the hustle and bustle. The food is good too.... I am talking about breakfast as this is what I have tried. We go out for breakfast every weekend and I really can say it is a nice breakfast. I have had the sauteed mushrooms and the avo dish. Very yummy....

Reviewed 22 December 2017

staff are friendly, food is okay, nice setting. I have been a few times and it would be good if they changed the menu. It covers the usual, beef, chicken, fish, vego, salad etc. its licensed and its better than the place next door (mantra) but it closes early and sometime the staff are stacking chairs etc while youre still eating. overall best option within the area.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

The service was very friendly however the food was not so good. Over priced and small portion sizes. Sticky floor! No comfy chairs

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I get to Brisbane periodically on business and for a change I had the chance to enjoy a relaxed breakfast. So I thought I’d check TripAdvisor and see what was near my hotel and worth trying. Jak + Hill looked like it would fit the bill nicely.

Upon arrival it looked like a pleasant location. There was only 10-12 people in the restaurant, so not busy. I spoke to the waitress, who told me I could sit anywhere. I took a seat out the front and I waited....and waited! There were 2 waitresses on and I tried to catch their eye multiple times, eventually had to get up to ask to order after nearly 15 minutes.

Ordered the Sautéed Mushrooms and an Orange Juice. I should point out that I’m not a coffee drinker. The food arrived and was ok, the mushrooms were pretty bland and the pine nuts over cooked and unpleasant. To be fair though the eggs were poached nicely and still runny in the centre. There are no freshly squeezed juices available which was disappointing, so the OJ was bottled Emma and Tom’s.

For the owners, the 2 waitresses that were on showed a distinct lack of interest in their customers and preferred talking amongst themselves. Not a great ‘recipe’ for success!

Would I go back? Probably not

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Located adjacent to the Punthill Spring Hill, this cafe serves an awesome breakfast. The sourdough was thick sliced and nicely toasted, jams are available if you like, eggs were just as ordered, flat whites excellent, and service friendly and efficient. Will be back!