“History”
Review of Toowong Cemetery

Toowong Cemetery
Ranked #106 of 391 things to do in Brisbane
Reviewed 15 January 2013

If this were not a cemetery it would be a great place to just wander. It is so very green. And there is lots of history. Worth a visit if you are a history buff.

All reviews
"old trees"
"providing shade"
"touching stories"
"vast area"
"ghost tour"
"worth a visit"
in 4 reviews
"beautiful place to visit"
"few hours"
in 13 reviews
"death"
"stroll"

Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Have visited Toowong cemetery many times. You can drive through the entire thing during the day.
As the cemetery is full there are no new plots and a lot of the older graves are falling apart which is a bit of a shame.
Plenty of different sections to walk through and some rather impressive and creative tombstones and statues to look at.
If nobody else is around it's a bit eerie but in the afternoons you can often see people jogging or walking their dog.
The grounds are lovely and grassy with many trees.
Don't go at night because the gates are locked and it's a bit scary. Haha.
Unless you go on one of the ghost tours.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I love cemetries, they are a historian's delight. I have not only gone through this cemetry myself, but I have taken my partner, then my grown child and my grandchildren. I never tire of it, and there is still more to explore !

1  Thank Irene T
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I suppose you really need to be into this sort of thing but I love the history associated with this cemetery, I had an interesting few hours checking out the past!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Great to be able to drive around natural bushland and sometimes manicured sections. Interesting perspective with hills and dales. A good read about our pioneering families. Great for kids on a rainy day and makes for really interesting photos if you feel like being "creative!"