“Great food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Top quality restaurant with nothing to quibble about, large party of us (10) and all were happy. Large wine selection of top quality A/NZ and European wines. Had the most wonderful goose and duck pate, fillet steak, trifle. Others had fish or twice cooked duck. Highly recommended and not hugely expensive.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I used to come here often for business lunches in 2016 and 17 but for some reason I hadn’t been for a while. It was as ever extremely well presented thoughtful food with excellent service and a good wine list. Routinely well above average for food in Brisbane CBD with attention to detail. I’ll be back.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We were here to celebrate one of our friend’s 40th Birthday. The service annd food was exceptional. The bar with the view of Brisbane’s Story Bridge is also one of my highlights. Highly recommend coming here to eat and/or just to have a drink.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

There may not be enough superlatives to describe my experience with Blackbird Bar & Grill. My girlfriend & I were travelling down to Brisbane for a show at the theatre. Wanted to find a nice restaurant to make a special weekend of it. Initially I overlooked the name as it didn't really inspire elegance or fine dining but don't judge this book by the title. From the initial booking to the end it was a fantastic experience. I emailed the restaurant to inquire about a table at 10am in the morning not expecting a reply till later in the day when they would be in the restaurant. I was surprised to receive a response within 5 minutes. After a couple of back & forth emails my table was confirmed with a special request for a window view. Upon arrival we were seated by the window as requested. Loved the decor of this place. Lighting was just right to create a romantic atmosphere. The drink & food menus came out quickly. Water was offered. Only criticism I have here is the menu was quite large being a single page billboard. Drinks came quickly & our order was taken. Glasses were topped up regularly. Entrees came out quickly. Seafood platter was delightful but the mains were exceptional. The red onion caremelised sauce with my steak was incredible, highly recommended. Service was excellent. We will definitely be back again the next time we're in Brisbane.

1  Thank Shane W
Reviewed 14 January 2018

First time at Blackbird and probably won't be back, entrees and sides were very nice, rib fillet steak was a lot thinner than I expected and overcooked, luckily I ordered medium rare and i'm generally happy with either medium rare or medium, but I still expected better from this place based on the reputation. The waitress didn't keep wine glasses full so we had to reach for the ice bucket ourselves and the head waiter didn't come near us all night except when it was time to give us the bill. Overall a very 'average' experience.