“Amazing Atmosphere”

Ranked #30 of 4,892 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Description: A once obscure alleyway hidden amongst the noise of Fortitude Valley is now the entrance to Brisbane's premier Southeast Asian dining and drinking destination. LONgTIME Restaurant & Bar aims to provide Brisbane with a genuinely food focused late night drinking house, where Thai style hospitality and flavours are celebrated well into the evening. Collectively, the kitchen team has worked under 3 Michelin-starred chefs, cooked for both the British and Thai royal families and individually earned and maintained hats in two of Australia's most highly regarded Thai restaurants. After 5 years of running Yandina's Spirit House, Ben Bertei has made the move down the Bruce highway to head up the kitchen, bringing along his long term colleague Nathan Lastavec who began cooking with him when they were part of the start up team at Longrain Melbourne. Bringing a traditional flavour to the kitchen is Sujitra Chubthaisong (May), whose mastery of specialty dishes from the Thai royal kitchens brings a significant diversity to the team. Alongside our chefs are our hardworking, good looking bar/floor team, who not only work tirelessly to make sure you're well fed, well quenched and well...just plain well, their work for LONgTIME makes it truly the place you all know and love. Longtime is open 6 nights a week, Tuesday through to Sunday from 5.30pm with an emphasis on share plates, banquets and plenty of Thai inspired cocktails. Aroy mak mak.
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The food was delicious and came out very quick. I have now been twice and will definitely return. Even brought my mum when she visited from Canada.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

The banquet, cocktails and service.. delightful. The kitchen a well oiled machine smoothly serving a well balanced menu of modern Asian inspired dishes

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Four of us ate here on Thursday night and had a great time. We didn’t book ahead so had to wait until 8:30pm for a table but it was worth the wait.

The inside is quite dark but has a good atmosphere. The waitress was extremely helpful and we ordered her recommendations and they were all fab.

I recommend the spring rolls, whole crispy fish, snapper yellow curry (my favourite), green mango salad & pork belly.

There was a great selection of alcohol too. It all came to under $200 for 4 which we agreed was excellent value. I’d go there again if I was back in Brisbane.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Came here for a Birthday dinner, and LONgTIME delivered! Even though we had a few allergies and dietary requirements the venue was accommodating. And if you are here in a group BANQUET all day. DAMN! I was a little apprehensive as I can eat a lot, but they sated my hunger for the next two days. It was insane. Only a small side note, I was with a drinking crowd and I noticed empty glasses a few times. Nothing to complain about I just know they would of put away 1 more wine or even 2!!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Was so keen to go to this place based on the advisory rating. I will be extremely cautious of TripAdvisor. The closest this place is to being an Asia restaurant is its proximity to China Town. If you want oversalted mains, sparkling water from a tap and a lack of authentic dishes, this is the place for you. A whine list of C-class or labelled clean skins. The place should be call Toffy Magic. Will never return.