All reviewsfree breakfastbar attachedfemale dormtravel deskfortitude valleyfree shuttledorm roomshower and toiletcleaned dailytrain stationstayed nightsenjoyed my stayhostelensuitesqueakychinatownprivacy
Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights in a 4 bed dorm with ensuite. The room was small but nice and the ensuite was nice. Next to each bed is a plug socket which is a treat in a hostel!

The free breakfast is the morning is also a treat and fairly good.

The bar is expensive but you get a free welcome drink, which is a nice gesture.

The kitchen is big but can get really busy at peak times, nethertheless it is well equipped.

Overall, a great hostel in a good location.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2015

I stayed here for 4 nights. It's a nice hostel and the people are great. They have a big kitchen with enough space, pots, pans and plates so that's great.

The first 2 nights I was booked in cheap rooms. Which do not have airco. When i extended my stay i upgraded to the new rooms which are way better.

The hostel is a little far from town but you can do it by foot it's a 15 to 20 minute walk.

Room Tip: get a new room, the old ones have no airco
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed in bunk after a recommendation from a friend and was quite disappointed! Having worked on tourism for 2+ years I was a little surprised at the lack of care for this product! The room I stayed in had a sign on the wall when you walked in saying, ' please remove runners and put them in a bag and please wash your socks... Thanks management' i quickly learnt why, the room was extremely smelly and there were clothes and belongings everywhere! I was disappointed that bunk was aware that this room wasn't clean and fresh and yet they hadn't done anything about it! I felt as though I was a guest (an unwelcome one)in a teenage boys room!!! The toilet and shower in the room were also of poor standard, didn't look like they had been cleaned in weeks, and full of other backpackers clothes, towels and belongings, I thought being in an 8 person dorm this wouldn't be the case but the entire room felt over crowded with bags/clothes/belongings everywhere! I know you can't make backpackers clean and tidy, but this was beyond a joke, the room has no resemblance to the pictures on the website, finding my bed was difficult as other back packers belongings were all over it.......Sorry to say I won't be staying here again!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2015

First impression was amazing with a reception foyer that looks like a 5 star hotel!
Stayed in an 8 share en suite, definitely worth the upgrade to have a lovely new bathroom. the beds have cool dividers and a power socket with reading light. They give free wifi for 30 minutes then it's only $2 for 24 hours and fast. The breakfast is basic cereal and toast but you can't complain for free. The shuttle service picked us up and dropped us back for free, it runs basically every hour which is awesome.
The staff were great, efficient and friendly. $6 basic spirits and cheap beer
I'd recommend this place!!!

Room Tip: Hang out in the nice pool and spa later in the day and enjoy a beer IN the pool and SPA!!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
BUNK B, General Manager at BUNK Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review,

We are stoked you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Take care Love BUNK xx

Reviewed 13 December 2015

It's been quite awhile since my last stay at Bunk and all I can say is...WOW! Bunk has had plenty of renovations going on since the last time I was here. The Reception area is amazing, huge compared to what it used to be, very upmarket looking! It's like walking into a hotel now! The rooms have also been renovated with new colours scheme & flash new bathrooms & showers. The only thing I could fault is the hallways are a bit dark now - due to the colour scheme.
Most staff have changed, but great to see they retain the friendly helpful standards. Check in time can be a little hectic (like anywhere) The pool & hot tub have also had a reno - looks soooo much more inviting. It would be great to see a finished off pool lounging area though.Always something going on in the bar in the early evenings. The Reptile Show is pretty cool, I got to hold a snake & a baby crocodile etc. The guy who does it is very informative. Also did the Trivia night & the Pub Crawl night, that's good if you are travelling solo like I was. They have a free breakfast now too, appreciated that! Enjoyed my stay yet again & look forward to the next time I'm passing through Brisbane. I definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: If you want a quieter stay - ask for a room away from the bar. Or better yet - book a newly renovated Apartment
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review,

We are stoked you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Take care Love BUNK xx