“Fine apple tart”

Price range: US$42 - US$154
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cinco is an upmarket bistro with a warm and lively vibe, conveniently located in the inner city Brisbane suburb of Camp Hill. Within a short time Cinco has gained a reputation as a 'foodies' haven' receiving accolades from reviewers and the public alike, with its unique blend of the freshest sourced produce cooked simply yet stylishly. Many of Cinco's diners are regulars, attracted back again and again by the unbeatable combination of friendly, unpretentious ambience and consistently high quality of its innovative dishes awarded by the Australian Financial Review who listed Cinco Bistro as one of the Top 500 Restaurants of Australia. Cinco has a comprehensive list of wines minutely selected and designed to complement the menu. In February 2016 Cinco Bistro has been awarded with One Star by the "World's Best Wine Lists". Cinco Bistro is also BYO wine on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Four of us had dinner last Thursday before Australia day. Was pleased to see Peter rattling the pans as it always seems to work better when the big fella is manning the pass.

We made good use of the B.Y.O. wine for $8.50 corkage which is more than reasonable seeing we used Champagne, White and Red wine glasses.

After bread 3 of us went for the lobster and prawn dumplings and one for the scallops. The dumplings in particular was very generous for an entree and packed a real flavour punch.
Mains 2 eye fillets which were cooked as ordered, a beautiful piece of Salmon with Yuzu butter and a pickled salad to balance out the richness of the fish and the Australia day special of lamb. What else!

Not normally a desert eater in restaurants but was so glad I did as the Fine apple tart with cumin caramel and vanilla bean ice cream was divine. Cinco is our local and a favourite of ours. Always reliable for quality food. The recent renovations have sharpened the decor and have done a lot to alleviate the noise on busy nights

A small criticism is the toilets location out the back. Whilst the facilities are fine my wife always feels a little unsafe down there at night and the bins do little to help the aroma.

Rob

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Visited Cinco Bistro on Saturday night to help celebrate wife’s birthday.

We like to early so arrived at about 6.05pm and were first seated (we were not alone for long)

Shown to a very nice table and offered water / bread etc – my wife did have a question about the menu and our waited was a bit vague so offered to get the Restaurant Mgr / Floor Supervisor to come over explaining all the options and also what “specials” were on offer. After a few more minutes our orders were taken and processed promptly.

This is where the fun really begins – all of our meals were simply outstanding – full of flavour and taste and served at just to right intervals.

By now the restaurant was about ¾ full but the staff seemed aware that there is no need to put everyone on top of each other and spaced out guests as best as possible.

As I said our meals were simple outstanding and special mention to the Duck Pasta Special which was out of this world as was my wife’s Apple Tart desert –she is a really Apple Pie / Tart expert so praise does not come easily but equally warranted here.

All in a fantastic meal in good comfortable premises.

Special mention to the Supervisor (sorry I didn’t see a name tag- the gentlemen in the glasses) – he runs a very tight ship and controls things very well.

Recommended.

Just one thing I did notice – the barman seemed to have a cold or hay fever as he continually touched / rub his nose and then went straight on preparing drinks / glasses etc – he should watch this and be careful.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Had lunch at Cinco today and left vowing never to return.

I ordered the eye fillet medium rare and my wife had the salmon. The waiter warned us that the salmon would be cooked medium, which is just the way we like it anyway.

When the meals arrived the eye fillet was well done (grey all the way through the centre) and the salmon was so over cooked its texture was like something you would get out of a tin. I returned my steak but my wife was so hungry she didn't want to send it back and have to wait. So my meal turned up just as she was finishing hers, so we basically ate our meals one at a time - not the dining experience we were looking for. Add to this that the side of green vegetables we ordered had sat in the middle of the table for so long by now that it wasn't edible.

The waiter offered me a glass of Shiraz to have with my steak. I assumed this was some kind of compensation though it really wasn't offered as complimentary but I accepted it anyway suspecting it would end up on the bill at the end. I had one sip of the wine before one of the 6-8 flies that had been swarming us for the whole meal decided to go for a swim in it. Now I realise that the restaurant can't control the odd fly here or there, but the reason the place was full of flies is because they had the bifold Windows for the pizza side of the business wide open all the time. Maybe something they should reconsider during the Qld summer?

But the biggest insult came when I went to pay and was not offered any kind of apology and was billed for every cent of the meals. I wasn't expecting a free meal, but to not acknowledge their mistakes and charge full price for meals we didn't even get to eat together was poorly handled in my opinion.

And to think that they are a hatted restaurant yet they can't cook an eye fillet or a piece of salmon without having a couple of goes at it. And when they do stuff things up completely they would prefer to force people to give them a bad review rather than offer them a small discount or a free desert or something to acknowledge that this is not the level of service they normally provide their customers.

I've never left a bad review for a restaurant before in my life, but I was so angry when I left that I felt they left me no option but to share my story

1  Thank Gregg C
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

A little off the beaten track for a tourist but so worth the effort! Pete’s signature dishes are to die for and Jasper’s front of house skills superb. Great to find a restaurant with fab food and team members who genuinely are keen to make your dining experience great! I will absolutely return next time I am in the area!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Dinner for 2
Reasonable menu and wine list including wine by the glass.
Unfortunately some of their better wines by the glass were not avaialbale because their "wine system" had run out of gas- oh really?
Food good without being exceptional - for the price
Entrees from $24 and mains $38
Full house in a Wednesday nite so they are doing something right. Service was good and waiter knowledgeable of the menu.

A yearly visit will do