“Lunch”

Southbank Beer Garden
Ranked #739 of 5,044 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

So when you think pub food think of comfort food. This is certainly comfort food but they also have light salads as an option.

The food was remarkably good though. Traditional large plates which generally is not good but here it was. The burgers are also awesome. I had a chicken burger that was great. The bun was perfect and can’t complain at all. My friend had the chicken schnitzel and he could not finish it. Massive but he enjoyed it.

To be honest, looking at every plate that came out the meals looked really good.

The meal prices are appropriate and drink prices not to bad. Overall this place is clean, staff are friendly, the meals are good and if you are in the area give it a shot.

Worth a try.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Prices were decent and great place to relax and chill out with friends! Would recommend to anyone wanting to eat and drink for a sunny day in Brisbane!

NatManager123, Manager at Southbank Beer Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hi Becky, we are glad to hear that your experience with us was such a success.We hope to have you return again soon. Warm regards.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

After spending most of the day enjoying the beach, I stopped here for a late lunch. I had a beer and the cheeseburger which included fries. The burger was very juicy and had lots of flavour as well as toppings. It was too big for me to finish! The fries were super crispy and the beer was great. Worth a stop by if you’re in the area!

SouthbankBeerGarden, Public Relations Manager at Southbank Beer Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for the awesome review Kelsie :) Glad you enjoyed your Burger and beer :D Come back soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere & location. Unfortunately they had sold out of wings, chicken kebabs & calamari. Our children ordered the popcorn chicken & we ordered the pulled pork burgers which were fabulous!

The huge negative was the condition of the bathrooms. We only found 3 unisex toilets which were filthy & left me running for the door gagging. Luckily the public toilets across the way were spotless.

2  Thank Emma C

Thank you for the feedback Emma, the chicken wings are pretty good, I hope you can come back for them sometime!

Ahhh sorry to hear about the "stinky" experience with the restrooms. I will address this with our team and make sure they keep a closer eye on them.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I wanted to love it here, I really did- it has a nice view, the staff were lovely and for drinks its great; but food- NO WAY.
I ordered a very simple pulled pork burger, which came out bone cold, yep cold. it was like it had been sitting on the pass waiting for the other dish I ordered to be completed. The person I was with had the crispy pork- that was lovely, also luke warm but still a delightful dish to eat.
If you've been swimming all day at 'the beach' and need a beer- then yes pull up a chair here and take in the view, but food not really the best here i'm afraid.

2  Thank m_dimaio

Sorry to hear about you experience with the pulled pork burger. We've got a great new team in the kitchen and we've just launched a whole new menu! We hope to have you back soon to turn that back into a 5 star experience.