“Good food and ambience.”
Review of Continental Cafe

Continental Cafe
Ranked #43 of 5,013 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An iconic European bistro, a destination for an intimate dinner for two, a family gathering or a corporate function with flair.
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We received a warm friendly greeting when we arrivd at this restaurant. It reminded us of a bistro in a quiet part of France. The food was traditional and delicious. Rabbit friccasse with rissotto with a Yarra Valley Pinor noir was a good choice. ginger creme brulee was a treat from the past. The staff were excellent, the whole evening memorable. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

And I've had a few as it is my 'go to' option at breakfast. I visited on a Saturday morning around 9 am and was surprised at how empty it was. I loved that though as I didn't feel rushed and I got to enjoy my delicious meal in peace & quiet. Hopefully the lack of patronage was just a random event because with food like I had, the place should be packed! Next time I am in the area I will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

'Conti' is a Brisbane institution and a family staple to us. A delightful cosy space with an open plan kitchen whereby diners can watch the owner Beau & his team cook up honest fresh European dishes using the freshest of ingredients.

There is a separate private dining room with a large table for personal bookings. I booked this space many years ago for a large family gathering and the service was perfect.

Tuesday night is offal & their lambs brains are divine. Conti's signature dish Soy lime chicken has been on the menu for years; they wouldn't dare take it off!

Go see for yourselves....... E n j o y!

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with our cousins from Brisbane. All round everyone loved the food. My wife had the falafel salad which was delicious and well sized. I had the chicken soy lime which was amazing!!! The soups looked great too. Overall a fantastic dining experience and good service too

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We have been here a few times but not lately in the last couple of years for some reason so decided to see how it was going. I don't know why we ever stopped coming here because it hasn't changed and is just so good. When one has found the perfect place to eat one should not keep looking. Our steaks were like butter cooked to perfection with a barley risotto and asparagus. With a bottle of wine between the two of us what more could one want. Service was excellent and they were reasonably busy for a Saturday lunch. We have had most of the stayers on the menu and they are all good. Love this place.

1  Thank Clive W