“Wow, totally amazing food. Wonderful experience.”
Review of Continental Cafe

Continental Cafe
Ranked #139 of 4,783 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An iconic European bistro, a destination for an intimate dinner for two, a family gathering or a corporate function with flair.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Didn't expect such wonderful food from a quiet basic looking cafe but boy I was wrong. The food was wonderful and the wine selections were great. I had the best seafood risotto I have ever eaten. The food was fresh and wonderful and the staff were very attentive. I would return in a heartbeat. When I am next in Brisbane I will make a beeline for the Continental Cafe. Hope to return very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Friends were staying in the city so we hopped on a City Cat. We floated under the bridge and got off at New Farm and walked to Cafe Continental for dinner. Never fails to please - one of us had the fish of the day, another the lambs fry and I had pasta with prawns and bacon. No nonsense, bistro ambience - a pleasing contrast to the anguished competitiveness of other places to eat.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We received a warm friendly greeting when we arrivd at this restaurant. It reminded us of a bistro in a quiet part of France. The food was traditional and delicious. Rabbit friccasse with rissotto with a Yarra Valley Pinor noir was a good choice. ginger creme brulee was a treat from the past. The staff were excellent, the whole evening memorable. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

And I've had a few as it is my 'go to' option at breakfast. I visited on a Saturday morning around 9 am and was surprised at how empty it was. I loved that though as I didn't feel rushed and I got to enjoy my delicious meal in peace & quiet. Hopefully the lack of patronage was just a random event because with food like I had, the place should be packed! Next time I am in the area I will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

'Conti' is a Brisbane institution and a family staple to us. A delightful cosy space with an open plan kitchen whereby diners can watch the owner Beau & his team cook up honest fresh European dishes using the freshest of ingredients.

There is a separate private dining room with a large table for personal bookings. I booked this space many years ago for a large family gathering and the service was perfect.

Tuesday night is offal & their lambs brains are divine. Conti's signature dish Soy lime chicken has been on the menu for years; they wouldn't dare take it off!

Go see for yourselves....... E n j o y!