“Good pre-movie dinner”

Continental Cafe
Ranked #172 of 4,825 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: An iconic European bistro, a destination for an intimate dinner for two, a family gathering or a corporate function with flair.
Reviewed 5 December 2017

A cosy cafe whose small exterior hides a remarkably large interior.

Food is reminiscent of a French Cafe meals but clearly casts its culinary heritage more widely, to the whole "continent". A nice selection of traditional continental European dishes and desserts. Serving sizes are appropriate. Service is attentive without being overbearing. The food didn't stand out but was still quite good.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Didn't expect such wonderful food from a quiet basic looking cafe but boy I was wrong. The food was wonderful and the wine selections were great. I had the best seafood risotto I have ever eaten. The food was fresh and wonderful and the staff were very attentive. I would return in a heartbeat. When I am next in Brisbane I will make a beeline for the Continental Cafe. Hope to return very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Friends were staying in the city so we hopped on a City Cat. We floated under the bridge and got off at New Farm and walked to Cafe Continental for dinner. Never fails to please - one of us had the fish of the day, another the lambs fry and I had pasta with prawns and bacon. No nonsense, bistro ambience - a pleasing contrast to the anguished competitiveness of other places to eat.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We received a warm friendly greeting when we arrivd at this restaurant. It reminded us of a bistro in a quiet part of France. The food was traditional and delicious. Rabbit friccasse with rissotto with a Yarra Valley Pinor noir was a good choice. ginger creme brulee was a treat from the past. The staff were excellent, the whole evening memorable. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

And I've had a few as it is my 'go to' option at breakfast. I visited on a Saturday morning around 9 am and was surprised at how empty it was. I loved that though as I didn't feel rushed and I got to enjoy my delicious meal in peace & quiet. Hopefully the lack of patronage was just a random event because with food like I had, the place should be packed! Next time I am in the area I will definitely visit again.