“A great neighbourhood Italian restaurant”
Review of Bel Paese

Bel Paese
Ranked #128 of 642 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Nothing fancy, just very good food with a friendly staff. The caprese was excellent. My wife's pesto dish was really good (I sneaked a bite) and my veal was perfect. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Quickly popped in to order some takeaway pizzas and garlic bread. Took a bit longer despite restaurant being quiet, but so worth it! Some of the better takeaway pizzas we have had and won't hesitate to come back again!

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came here for New Year's Eve Dinner. We both had a main chicken dish, they were both very good, but the mushroom and bacon chicken was wonderful. The tiramisu though was so velvety and nice. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Despite making a reservation several nights before, we were allocated a small table wedged between 2 large party tables full of kids. We opted to see outside rather than find another restaurant.
Where-as the prawn entrée read well on the menu, we received 4 very small, dry, sad prawns on a plate. Certainly not value for money. The calamari entrée was fine!
The seafood pasta was good. The chicken dish was OK but a bit dry. The 4-cheese pizza was very disappointing: a tomato pizza with shaved parmesan & dollops of goats cheese on top. Certainly not what I've enjoyed in other restaurants.
The wait staff were efficient, friendly and pleasant.
Given the choices of restaurants in Cairns, we certainly won't hurry back

1  Thank BeachbumsCairns
Reviewed 20 December 2016

We booked our xmas party here for our crew and families form the fire station and there were some big eaters amongst us. Nick looked after us with his amazing array of pizzas and pastas and to my surprise we got so much food there was actually some left over. Everyone raved about the garlic bread, the pizzas and the pastas and a great night was had by all. Thanks to Nick and his staff for a wonderful, tasty, filling night.
As a famous Aussie used to say...do yourself a favour and check out this great restaurant.