Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Aussie Macro Photos
from US$38.80
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I attended both Let's Go Shroomin and Let's Go Bugging' (at night) tours through the beautiful Cairns Botanic Gardens. On both tours, Bridgette demonstrated incredible knowledge about the subject matter and it is obvious that she has a passion for the natural world. On the bug tour we saw (and heard) many spiders, crickets, katydids, cicadas, lizards/skinks, frogs, a beautiful moth and other little critters.

I was happy to just use my phone camera for photos but Bridgette also has DSLR cameras that can be hired and she can help you to get some good shots with them. She is very patient and attentive working with groups of people (which can get messy and disorganized quickly) and was happy to adapt the tour to ensure everyone got to see and take photos of everything.

Date of experience: February 2021
Cruiser49156895320, Owner at Aussie Macro Photos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Simone, Thanks so much for the review and it was great to have you along and also hear how passionate and knowledgeable you were of the mushrooms and some of the wildlife as well. I'm sure I'll see you around the gardens.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I loved how friendly the guide was, and she really made sure we all had a great time!
I really want yo say thank you for an amazing time!
Couldnt recommend more

Date of experience: February 2021

Hi Sev, Thanks so much, it was great to have you along for the Shroomin Tour! I'm so glad you had a great time!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am very happy to have participated in the "Let's Go Buggin Tour" with Bridgette. I saw many different critters in the botanic garden and in the rainforest. I can compare very well because after this tour I went alone into the rainforest again and I found far less than before. Strange, normally I have a good eye but with Bridgette I can say now I have to have a much closer look to our realy big world of the small critters.
Thank you very much Bridgette for this adventure :-)

Date of experience: January 2021
Cruiser49156895320, Owner at Aussie Macro Photos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Mirco, Thanks so much for the review! I'm so happy that you had a great experience with me, and it was great to see some of the photographs you were able to get of the beautiful creatures in the gardens. Bridgette

Reviewed 16 December 2020

I spent two hours with Bridgette in the Cairns Botanic gardens looking at small critters. It was fabulous and so informative. I hired a camera as I didn't have a macro lens with me and it was very easy to use after some brief instructions from Bridgette. There were lots of beautiful bugs and the butterflies were stunning. I would never have seen any of this if I was not with Bridgette. As bugs are seasonal I am looking forward to doing another bugging or mushroom tour at a different time of year. Thanks Bridgette for a great day.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 10 December 2020 via mobile

What a fantastic morning I spent with Bridgette in the beautiful Cairns Botanic Gardens looking at all the miniature wonders living amongst the plants. Bridgette showed me all different types of interesting tiny life that I wouldn’t have otherwise spotted. She has an impressive knowledge of many of the different insects which allows her to know where the best places to spot them are.
Coupled with her bug knowledge are her photography skills; she will help guide you to get the best shot you can from your camera.
I highly recommend a Let’s Go Buggin tour to anyone who is interested in spending a little time observing the magical miniature world!

Date of experience: December 2020