“Ranger Bob's Spectacular Tour”

Touring Cairns 4WD Escapes
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Bob is a former ranger. He leads the tour as someone who has cared for this treasure of a rain forest as much as you could care for anything. He delights in sharing his knowledge of the history, plant/animal life and gorgeous views. I'd need a spoiler alert and I don't want to ruin any surprises, but this hike reminded me how much I love to walk in the natural world. This journey was the highlight of a GREAT month in Australia. I highly recommend it. Bob is wonderful company. Just prepare to walk and learn and fall in love with new places, sounds, sights. My senses were all overloaded when we got back. I'm envious that he gets to go there whenever he wants, but I bet that's partly because of how he shared it with me.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

My partner and I stayed at Turtle Cove and Bert (manager) arranged a full-day tour with Bob of Touring Cairns 4WD Escapes. Bob picked us up at 8:30 at the resort and off we went in his SUV. Bob used to direct management of the parklands and is a trained botanist. He knows everything. There wasn't a question about wildlife, flora, history or anything else he didn't know the answer to. We spent the day seeing waterfalls, intimate swimming holes, dense forests, kangaroos, majestic trees and amazing landscapes. Lunch was included (see picture). It was a real surprise, complete with table cloth and flowers! Best of all, we enjoyed spending the day with Bob, not a nicer guy around. Highly, highly recommend! Thanks, Bob!