Pullman Cairns International
Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
US$148
US$112
  • Restaurant
Coral Tree Inn(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$87
US$115
US$101
  • Restaurant
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$95
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$92
US$82
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$81
Travelocity
Ingenia Holidays Cairns Coconut(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$70
2,306 results
All reviewsseafood buffetpool decklobby barharbour viewbeautiful hotelrooms are largeroom servicetwo double bedstour deskbit datedport douglasthe great barrier reefcasinoconciergegymesplanadeconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2015

This is a very large hotel. It is within walking distance to catch the cruises to tour the area. You have to pay for wifi in the room, but it is free in the lobby, although this is very busy, and can be quite noisy. There were beautiful views on the ocean side.

Room Tip: Request a room with Ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Leissa P, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2015

Hi Janice51,
Thanks for your feedback! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay, yes we are centrally located so it is an ideal base for those wanting to head out to the reef or just explore Cairns city! We do offer free in room wi-fi to our Le Club members and this is a free program to join!
Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

On the Main drag but up the Marina end. Nice, clean room. Great breakfast buffet. Excellent location. No free wifi, only free in lobby which I find a bit odd given most 4/5 star hotels provide this these days. The pool is great however this being my first trip to Cairns, I haven't seen any other hotel pools. They have Poolside food & bar service (you phone your order in and they deliver it). Would stay here again :)

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Leissa P, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Hi Nicole L,
Thanks you for your review, we are delighted to hear your stay was an enjoyable one!
We do offer complimentary in-room wi-fi for all Le Club members, this is our Accor guest loyalty program and is free to join, I am sorry that this what not offered to you upon check in.
Thank you once again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 November 2015

I stayer with Pullman several times, and I enjoyed my stay every time. Pullman Cairns International is a great hotel with everything in good condition. Great location, very near to the quay and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

Hi GraceLin_SH,
It is so lovely to hear from our regular guests! Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Having stayed here more than a dozen times in the past 7 years, I was particularly disappointed this trip. From beginning to end, there was a 'zero' care factor from staff and overall level of the hotel has fallen significantly.

The booking was made using a promotion link (email) sent by the hotel, which linked to their direct website, the offer in the email didn't match the offer when you clicked through on the link, but did appear to be correct when finally confirmed and paid for. Looks like the site wasn't updated properly.

On check in (despite having provided my details in full plus club card and accor card membership numbers) the details on my booking were entirely wrong except for my name. The staff seems uninterested in correcting it, and this then resulted in further problems (see breakfast).

The room (city view) have generally been tidy and clean in previous stays, this trip the room was DIRTY - toothpaste marks on bathroom mirror, the makeup/shaving mirror was so thick with dust I could write my name on it. The fabric cover on the bottom of the chairs was hanging off, the sensor for the TV/Move system had fallen off the TV and was lying down the back on the tv cabinet.

Two significant stains on the carpet, and large chips on several sections of woodwork.

The room had not been replenished properly (one bath robe only) and despite asking for a 2nd, nothing ever arrived.

Buffet Breakfast was included in the package, the hotel restaurant has previously always been known as serving an excellent breakfast - this is no longer the case - food replenishment wasn't happening quickly and the selection is poor compared to what was previously offered. Overall food quality was so poor, we left and had breakfast elsewhere.

Getting into breakfast was slow, with a long queue primarily as the staff were not well organised. I had to argue with the staff, as they had breakfast down for "one" a carry over of the booking details being wrong and NOT corrected properly by staff at check in time, I say argue as they were NOT helpful when there was obviously a mistake in their system.

While briefly seated at our tables, we watch guests at a neighbouring tables become frustrated as staff 'double seated' people at the same table (shambles).

I rang down to valet parking a full 30 minutes before coming down for our car, yet no car, again clearly disorganised, as they didn't have enough staff to actually attend the desk and complete the tasks at hand.

What used to be a pleasant hotel property has fallen well below the line.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Paul M, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear mdm1972,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post regarding your most recent stay at Pullmans Cairns International please accept my sincere apologies that the hotel and the service therein did not meet your expectations based on your previous stays.

Further to reading your review it appears that your experience was not of our usual high standards from the time that you made your booking and that we did not recover this initial issue with your booking throughout your stay.

Please rest assured that I have spoken with my Team to ensure that our fantastic guest service occurs for all of our guests, I am sorry that on this occasion you felt that the Team Member on Reception and at Breakfast were inattentive and that your requests failed to be met, this is not acceptable or what is expected within the Pullman Brand.

Thank you for your comments regarding your City Mountain view room product and also the Breakfast product, we are continually striving to improve our products at the Hotel and my Housekeeping Manager and Executive Chef have already spoken to their Teams in regard to delivering consistency in their respective departments.

Please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your stay mdm1972, when you are next planning a trip down to Cairns please contact me directly as I would love for you to return to the Hotel to experience the high levels of service that you are accustomed to.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Cairns International in the near future,

Best Regards,

Paul Morton
Pullman Cairns International

paul.morton@accor.com
0415 156 708

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for three nights for my partner's bday. We've got a room 1313 with a nice sea view. The room was pretty big and clean, except of some sticky spots on the tile.

There were all bath essentials except of tooth paste.
Spa area was really lovely, couldn't ask for more.
Breakfast was included and we really loved it. I asked at the reception for some bday treats and we've got a chocolate plate from a chef, which was really a piece of art.

Thanks Pullman International, we will be back and will definitely recommend your services.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Leissa P, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Hi Kate R,
Wonderful to hear that you had a fantastic time with us celebrating your partner's birthday!

Our talented pastry chef's always manage to come up with some amazing birthday plates for our guest's special day, and yes they really are like pieces of art.

I will be sure to pass your lovely comments onto our team, I am sure they will appreciate the recognition!

Thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.