Free cancellation until 28/07
US$323
US$171
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

Tropical Heritage Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$111
Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
US$147
US$138
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$151
US$144
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

US$70
  • Breakfast included
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$88
Ingenia Holidays Cairns Coconut(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$94
JJ's Backpackers Hostel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$28
Agoda.com
Travellers Oasis Backpackers(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$48
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$139
getaroom.com
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$254/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We arrived at cairns airport where we had pre-booked a bus shuttle to pick us up which to start with was almost 2 hours late. When we got there the first thing we noticed was that it stunk of stale urine. The reception was closed so we decided to dump our bags in our room and head straight out as we had lots to do. When we got back that night it was around 10pm and the reception was still closed. We got into the room where we found small bugs crawling all over the bed, all along the floors and walls and the smell of Urine was disgusting. The 'bathroom' looked like it hadn't been cleaned in about 1 year, and there was cobwebs all over the hostel. We wished we had noticed the bugs earlier as we would've just left straight away, so instead we called a cab and went to the YHA which was 100 times nicer. We went back the next morning at around 9.30am to say that we hadn't stayed that night because of the bugs and the smell, and there was a lady behind reception who was straight on the defence. She didn't really listen to what we had to say other than her own opinion. A man then came through and said there was nothing wrong with the room, we asked for a full refund as we hadn't stayed there and they didn't exactly look like they were short on beds, and instead we were offered 2 nights refunded out of the 4 which we didn't even stay. I would avoid this hostel at any costs, it may be cheap but in no way is it worth the agro or the money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Foodyinheaven123
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This backpackers is one of my favourite that I have been to in Australia. Sure , the price was good but I especially liked the tropical garden atmosphere. So many palm trees and ferns, really felt like I was no longer in the UK. Room was clean, and facilities were good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Yeah, so stayed here in March, it rained a lot so I stayed at the backpackers a lot. That made me glad I chose a nice place. Especially appreciated the free wifi as most backpackers make you pay or only give you 1 hour free or something. Here it was completely unlimited and I could get it from my room too. Swimming pool was small but nice place to cool down in. Other guests were all friendly and staff were too. Am coming back here after going to Cape Trib for a few days.

Room Tip: I was in 3 kangaroo which was a quiet room and had its own shower.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was here in late January with my girlfriend. We stayed in one of the 6 share dorms It was only $16 a night and it included air conditioning ( a must for this time of year). At that time Cairns had a lot of rain so it perhaps wasn't the best time to visit but even so thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hostel. Laid back atmosphere, all other guests were genuine travellers and the internet was free (one of the reasons we booked). Just a short walk to town, but when it rains here it really pours so you need an umbrella.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed in the "three butterflies" room around Christmas. I lay in the bed for a few hours reading and noticed that I was very itchy with large welts on my legs. Inspection revealed a number of bedbugs crawling over the mattress.

Tried to contact reception to change the room, but there is absolutely no after hours support -- not even a number to call!

Thought about sleeping on the communal outside couch instead, but after sitting there for a few mins felt something crawling on my arm - another bedbug! I ended up just dropping my keys into the box and going to a proper hotel. Still have inflamed skin where the welts were a month later.

It's a bit annoying that that they have a prominent "No bedbugs" claim on the website, when a 5 minute inspection of my room found 4 bugs before the lights even went out. Avoid this place until they've called pest control.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo