US$151
Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
US$153
Hilton
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

US$117
US$158
US$150
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$95
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

JJ's Backpackers Hostel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$39
Travellers Oasis Backpackers(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$48
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 December 2014

This backpackers is probably one of the cheapest in Cairns and I understand why now. I was not impressed at all. First of all, it is not located in the city center and it took me ages to find it. Once I got there and saw the room I felt so disgusted... it was dirty, smelly and looked so old! I guess I should say that we had a shower in the room, but not a bathroom with a door, that would have been asking for too much, we had a shower in a corner of the room. One night I was sitting on the floor (because the plug was so far away from the bed that I couldn't use it if it was charging) and I felt something on my bag, it was a cockroach!!!!! So gross. The kitchen was tiny and dirty, the bathrooms were small and dirty too. Yuck! The best thing of this backpackers is that they gave us vouchers to eat in one of the pubs for free, but I'm pretty sure all the backpackers in town have those vouchers. If you are looking for something cheap but gross, go ahead but I wouldn't bother at all. (October 2013- tripdavisor doesn't let me choose dates on 2013)

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a private room at the end of the garden - it was clean and pleasant enough, but could have done with some more furniture (we literally lived out of our suitcases for 2 weeks).
The downside was that the room was situated opposite the swimming pool - prime drunken guitar-playing and singing spot.
Needless to say, our sleep quality was poor eventhough a quiet time is put in place after 11pm (during our stay, no staff monitored this).

The kitchen's need to be completely revamped - cookers in very poor condition (if you can get them to work at all), and thank goodness we had our own plates and cutlery - none could be found in either kitchen.

Overall, the hostel is situated in a nice quiet road which is a short walk to the shopping centre and the centre of cairns. Probably a 15/20 minute walk to the seafront and the free swimming pool.
It's run by nice people, the showers and our private room were clean, their own computers were very handy, but the kitchens need new appliances, and there needs to be more discipline towards the quiet time at night.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled by Cairns City Backpackers good reviews or the fact that it is high up on Google.

The fact is, it is very cleverly named, if you're a backpacker looking for a hostel in Cairns City why wouldn't this hostel sound perfect however the pictures on the booking websites aren't a true reflection either.

We were very disappointed when we arrived at the hostel and shown to our room there was a hole in our floor about the size of a tennis ball which we had to duct tape over. We then asked for the air conditioning to be turned on as it was really hot and clammy but they couldn't do that because it was September. They did have a fan but it was still so warm. There were little bugs all over the bedside table so you had to be careful where you placed your belongings and also my friend who was on the top bunk had cockroach run over her in the night (which I can only describe as the biggest cockroach I have ever seen). I was very glad I'd brought my sleep liner on the trip. The kitchens were also dirty and full of little bugs which made you not want to cook anything or even put anything down on the sides.

This was our first hostel when we arrived in Australia, we had booked for 7 nights but could only put up with it for 3 nights. The location is ok it is about a 15 minute walk from Cairns city centre but there are many more hostels in the centre which are a lot better and cleaner and for the same price. Also the feel of the outside was nice as it had a bit of a tropical feel to it.

I wouldn't recommend staying here for anyone, young or old, whatever your situation there are much better hostels for a similar if not better price.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachael W
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If its just for one night, then fine. But don't book there for more than 2 nights!

Dirty sheets. You have to pay for air conditioning. We had two cockroaches crawling up the curtains in one night. We emailed to complain, and was offered no money off our bill, but we did get a reply fast.

It does have a nice looking pool area, and there is a good deal with a local shuttle company to get you there from the airport for $5. Good location too. Free wifi too.

Kitchen facilities are poor.

Not very impressed overall.

Room Tip: If you want a nice room, don't book here.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brad A
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and it was bearable. The shower was fine, however the toilets were a little dirty. The kitchen was filthy and stank really badly. The rooms were ok, however we did encounter 2 cockroaches, however I suppose that this was to be expected as it is a tropical place.

I guess that we got what we paid for. My biggest gripe was that there were three staff member there, a young trio of lads that were very noisy all night and didn't clean up after themselves in the kitchen. Bit of a shame as we booked this place as it marked itself as a 'quiet place' that allow it's guests 'a good nights sleep'.

Room Tip: They are all 'ok'.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple