“Great Margaritas and good mexican food”
Review of Tortillas Cocina Mexicana - CLOSED

Tortillas Cocina Mexicana
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Tortillas is a very popular small restaurant offering a range of fresh authentic Cali/Mex cuisine, accompanied with great modern mex/latin music. Dining extends out onto the footpath giving Tortillas a really tropical feel. Reservations are recommended for dinner (Mon to Sat). Tortillas is closed on Sundays. Children are catered for with their own menu selection to choose from together with a number of suitable choices from the main menu. Tortillas has the largest range of chile sauces in Far North Queensland for sale, some of which can be sampled with meals.
Reviewed 9 April 2015

We got into Port Douglas late on a Sunday night and needed a good drink and something to eat and this place was perfect. We sat outside under a fan. The Margaritas real perfect after a long day of travel. The food was better than I expected for a Mexican restaurant outside of Mexico or the US southwest. They had bottles of a nice salsa on the table with cute little eye droppers. We of course just poured it on. I had the pork quesadillas and was very happy. Nice beer selection as well. While not fine dining, this is a great place for a casual meal.

Reviewed 9 April 2015

We both LOVE Mexican food - but this was the worst Nachos I've ever had: dry and SO SO salty - I couldn't eat it - and the salsa was non existent. Just cheese and cornchips. My partner asked for no black beans on his chicken Burrito - thus, it arrived with only white rice and chicken. TWO INGREDIENTS - blurgh! No lettuce, cheese, guac, sour cream, salsa NOTHING. The chicken tasted like shredded canned meat, not impressed. Terrible takeaway food and overpriced. How is this restaurant run off its feet?? You need to book or you won't get a seat. Very crowded setting, but the staff are friendly and the service is quick.

1  Thank Riders L
Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

Had a beautiful fresh lunch here.
Great vibe, friendly staff and the food was fantastic.
A little pricey however we couldn't fault the food of service.
A job well done we will be back for sure

Reviewed 15 March 2015

This restaurant has closed and become "The Mexican".
Was a bit average before but is outstanding now. Do not miss it!

Reviewed 24 February 2015

Friendly and super accommodating - I had the most delicious burrito, and they let me customise it as I am allergic to a few things. Great service and huge portions- great value for money!

1  Thank Rachel N