“Missing something”

Ranked #31 of 133 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on the Reef Marina Boardwalk, Lure Restaurant offers premium views over the waters of Dickson inlet, with a stunning outlook to the ranges beyond. Perfect for your early morning breakfast, alfresco style lunch, or sample local food and beverages in the late afternoon Sundowners and Tapas. Dinners available from Tuesday - Saturday from 5.30pm.
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Went here for a special anniversary. Unfortunately it happened to be a day when a cruise ship was in port, and many of them were here ( not the restarants fault)

Service? Good. Attentive. Polite. Responsive. 100 %

Food? Oysters were good. The fish and chips were lovely but it was just fish n chips. Not too hard to get right. Desert was yummy and the drinks were great. The meal was great value. Full marks here.

Location and Ambience? This is where it loses a star. Being outdoors ( but undercover) it is still hot even with the ceiling fans. In summer it would be good to adopt the methods they use in Miami with the mist fans that spray cooled water from the fans. Yes I know it is outdoors and to be expected.
The view of the Marina and the comings and goings was superb. It would be nicer it the restaurant had a little bit more segregation from the dock. Perhaps a wooden fence or a row of pot plants so that it would seem less like a fancy fish n chips shop, and more like a restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We had the set menu , my husband had the beer battered fish and chips, schooner of beer and a lemon lime cheeasecake and I had the salt and pepper calamari with salad and the cheese chocolate cake. Entree not included in set menu but we ordered six oysters kilpatrick.
They served us well , a little fast with coming out with the dessert as our ice creams melted quickly. Our mains were a good amount, I didn’t get sauce but when I asked I was given a few types- tartare and nanjim ( I chose nanjim as I think it was the slight dressing on the salad).
They had a special on a cocktail / passion fruit mojoti $12 and it was strong .
Ambience was good , nice relaxed dinning. Staff were pleasant .

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Top spot to eat with marina views. Good choice of food. Cold beer and cool sea breeze. A couple of visits for us now.

2  Thank wallyeast
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Was recommended this place by hotel we were staying in as THE best bacon and eggs in town. Must admit we were not disappointed at all. Fabulous food overlooking the marina. Superb

1  Thank Morag F
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Walking around Port Douglas with overseas visitors, who were definitely suffering from the heat, we stopped at Lure for a cool drink and to enjoy the views? I’ve eaten here previously and can recommend the food, however this trip was just a cool break. The nice young man, seeing my friends discomfort brought out water and a jug of ice whilst we were looking at the menu. He refilled a few times. Prices for drinks were reasonable and the views are great. I feel for the poor staff working in the heat and humidity, with only fans blowing for cooling. Keep up the good work guys, even though you were obviously as hot and bothered as us you were still happy in your job.

2  Thank bucketlist14