Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent Great Barrier Reef Dives

Overall extremely pleased with the my dives on the GBR thanks to Blue Dive. I did two days... read more

Reviewed yesterday
242jons
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Honey Moon

The experience were the best of our lives! Show the beauty of the sea and the ecosystems. The... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Ricardo F
Aveiro, Portugal

1,457 results
All reviews open water diving experience private instructor the great barrier reef poseidon boat refresher course fish great instructor padi certification personal guide days diving amazing diving own pace amazing experience personal attention marine life explained everything
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Beautiful for snorkeling as well as dive! Great places (2) and lots of time and freedom in the water! Nice people.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My wife and I recently visited Port Douglas and went scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef. Both of us are newly certified and these were our first dives after certification.
We were not sure who to use when we were looking on Trip Adviser as there are quite a few options, but I can assure you Blue Dive is absolutely unbeatable! One of the things that sets Blue Dive apart is the fact that when you choose to hire a private guide like we did, they bring an underwater camera with them and you get to keep all the pictures! Seb L was our guide both days on the AquaQuest and Poseidon ships. He handled all of our gear, went through all the safety steps with us, taught us all the signs for the fish/coral we saw, made sure we were comfortable at every point in the day, fought to get us into the water as soon as the ship was anchored every time, and took over 400 pictures of my wife and I as well as all the fish/coral we saw! He even took our GoPro from us for a while and videoed us a bit! It was the most relaxing dive trip we will EVER take. He literally did everything for us. He usually leads dives on the Poseidon, so if you book that ship, ask for him!

Diving the GBR is not cheap through any company, so if you're looking for a cheap way out to the reef, you probably won't find it. My advice is to spend slightly more money on a Blue Dive private guide so you don't have to follow a huge group the entire time and you get tons of pictures! Also, keep in mind if you are able to stay under the water for a long time, you may get cut short if you are not with a private guide since the group has to surface when one person is running out of air. I think I remember seeing between 5-8 people in the non private groups.

You get to choose which boat you are on for the dives with Blue Dive. We went diving one day on Poseidon and one day on the AquaQuest. My wife and I preferred the food/staff on Poseidon. AquaQuest began to run out of food and the staff was not nearly as nice/funny/helpful as on Poseidon. I would say this is doubly true for those just snorkeling as on the Poseidon they have a fun "fish/coral identification" session on the top of the boat while they are travelling out to sea (optional of course). Each ship goes to different dive sites depending on the wind/weather/currents, but the sites we went to were great! Overall we are glad we did two days of diving and we are glad we did it on two different ships. If you only have one day though, definitely pick the Poseidon.

2  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I loved being out on the reef with these guys. Amazing trip, so much to see, such a great experience. I highly recommend this tour provider!!!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We had such a great time doing a private dive with Seb from Canada! We had 3 in our group, 2 divers and 1 snorkeler. Seb was very informative, helpful and a great guide around this famous reef! Safety was utmost but fun was just behind. I would highly recommend diving with Blue Dive!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Whilst in Port Douglas, I very much wanted to complete my Open Water Diver certification, whilst also seeing the sights of the Great Barrier Reef. My partner had previously qualified at Rescue Diver level, so I had some catching up to do, but he also was looking for a refresher. We booked with Blue Dive and it was, without doubt, an experience to remember.

We had Seb L as our expert instructor. His unwavering patience and empathy towards me as an anxious first-timer made the time both in the pool and in the open water, less stressful than I anticipated.

We had two days on the reef, and there was no shortage of beautiful sea life to marvel - turtles, marble rays, reef sharks, blue spotted rays, stone fish - the list goes on. Most of which were courtesy of Seb's guidance and spotting skills! The onboard experience was great; quality food, modern vessel and friendly crew.

There would be no hesitation for us to recommend Blue Dive and Seb L for PADI courses and/or guided trips out to the reef. We look forward to doing another trip next time we're in Port Douglas.