“Great Experience”

Blue Dive Port Douglas
Ranked #1 of 78 Tours in Port Douglas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Copied regularly but never beaten. Learn to scuba dive in affordable luxury with the premier 5 Star PADI Dive Resort in Port Douglas. Superb privately guided outer reef scuba diving day trips for both qualified and non-qualified divers. Cruise out to the unrivalled and pristine Agincourt Ribbon Reefs in style on Poseidon, the sleek, high speed catamaran. Trips can also go on Calypso to the Opal Reefs. Excellent group discounts available. The professional and friendly team at Blue Dive are deeply committed to bringing safe, quality and personal dive guiding and instruction - to all our guests. Maximum of 5 on all PADI courses. Luxury private charters too. Blue Adventure Wildlife Tours is our sister company offering superb wildlife and photography tours to compliment your diving days.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Blue Dive presents a great vessel, safety brief and tour. We had Seb as our guide for a 2 long dives, which was fantastic. We managed to see lots of fish and his knowledge was really great on the reef. The boat ride out is about 90mins then you complete the dive followed by a nice lunch another dive and then return. Really good value and fun.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"my partner"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Beautiful for snorkeling as well as dive! Great places (2) and lots of time and freedom in the water! Nice people.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My wife and I recently visited Port Douglas and went scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef. Both of us are newly certified and these were our first dives after certification.
We were not sure who to use when we were looking on Trip Adviser as there are quite a few options, but I can assure you Blue Dive is absolutely unbeatable! One of the things that sets Blue Dive apart is the fact that when you choose to hire a private guide like we did, they bring an underwater camera with them and you get to keep all the pictures! Seb L was our guide both days on the AquaQuest and Poseidon ships. He handled all of our gear, went through all the safety steps with us, taught us all the signs for the fish/coral we saw, made sure we were comfortable at every point in the day, fought to get us into the water as soon as the ship was anchored every time, and took over 400 pictures of my wife and I as well as all the fish/coral we saw! He even took our GoPro from us for a while and videoed us a bit! It was the most relaxing dive trip we will EVER take. He literally did everything for us. He usually leads dives on the Poseidon, so if you book that ship, ask for him!

Diving the GBR is not cheap through any company, so if you're looking for a cheap way out to the reef, you probably won't find it. My advice is to spend slightly more money on a Blue Dive private guide so you don't have to follow a huge group the entire time and you get tons of pictures! Also, keep in mind if you are able to stay under the water for a long time, you may get cut short if you are not with a private guide since the group has to surface when one person is running out of air. I think I remember seeing between 5-8 people in the non private groups.

You get to choose which boat you are on for the dives with Blue Dive. We went diving one day on Poseidon and one day on the AquaQuest. My wife and I preferred the food/staff on Poseidon. AquaQuest began to run out of food and the staff was not nearly as nice/funny/helpful as on Poseidon. I would say this is doubly true for those just snorkeling as on the Poseidon they have a fun "fish/coral identification" session on the top of the boat while they are travelling out to sea (optional of course). Each ship goes to different dive sites depending on the wind/weather/currents, but the sites we went to were great! Overall we are glad we did two days of diving and we are glad we did it on two different ships. If you only have one day though, definitely pick the Poseidon.

2  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I loved being out on the reef with these guys. Amazing trip, so much to see, such a great experience. I highly recommend this tour provider!!!