“I couldn't wait to return”
Review of Sassi

Sassi
Ranked #17 of 134 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$15 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There is no shortage of excellent restaurants in Port Douglas but when I returned recently I didn't hesitate in going straight back to Sassi. And although my partner and I were going to experiment with something new we couldn't go past the fried baby prawns and diablo pizza that we had enjoyed on the previous visit. I did stray however to try a special - prawn and fennel risotto - and it was one of the best risottos I have ever had. Marco's cocktails were excellent as usual. Thanks also to Vicenzo, Alberto, Carmelo and Renato who are all as charming as the atmosphere and food. I can't wait for my next trip to PD.

1  Thank Tricia H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely amazing atmosphere. Good was devine. So so nice. Staff very friendly and the menu hard to choose as everything sounded wonderfu

1  Thank Colin D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We initially popped into Sassi for an aperitivo of an Aperol Spritz and we decided to pop back later for some dinner. We were not disappointed with the food. We started with the Squid Ink Arancini and the Bacala and Potato Croquette. OMG, fantastic. We then ordered the Risotto special which was Smoked Spanish Mackerel and mushroom and the Spaghetti con le Vongole (clams). Both dishes were fantastic. I then had the mango creme brûlée and coconut ice cream to finish off my meal. I didn’t need it but had to have it. The staff were very attentive to our needs.

1  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Very good food. Had the calamari which was very fresh, perfectly cooked and not chewy at all, Caprese Salad - good mozzarella, and the seafood linguine which had huge chucks of seafood in it and was incredible delicious.

The only downside - and I guess that’s the norm in PD - was the price. Just short of $40 for a mains seafood linguine is a bit excessive I think. But then again I paid it, so can’t complain too much.

Service was great as well.

1  Thank Michiel R
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here a couple of times and love the food. The seafood linguine is amazing. Don’t be put off by the price, it’s worth it.

Unfortunately tonight my experience was very poor. I’m flying solo in Port Douglas for the weekend and wanted to enjoy my favourite pasta. I arrived right at opening so I could get a seat. They were fully booked but I was happy to sit in the bar area. The bartender came over and promptly brought me a drink. And that’s where the service stopped. 40 minutes later and no one had come over to ask for my order. I paid the bill, expressed my disappointment to the wait staff and left.

3  Thank 916leonied