We visited Port Douglas September 2017. Martinique on Macrossan is a lovely, quaint place that is in a great location. The property is owned by a husband and wife team and they are very attentive and helpful. The rooms are spacious and have a kitchenette, a dining table and a small living room in addition to the bedroom/bathroom. As far as I could tell, all the rooms had a balcony which was equipped with a table and chairs and a laundry drying rack.
2 complaints that we had, which may not be an issue for everyone, is that there is no elevator as all rooms open to the outside. So we had to carry our heavy 50 lb luggage up to the 3rd floor. And then while the property did have free wifi, we could rarely get it to connect with good enough reception to actually use the internet.
The property has a really pretty swimming pool that is open 24/7 for adults. They also have beach chairs that you can grab to carry down to the beach with you. The beach was nice, but on the days we were there it was super windy with fairly large waves. We had a great time playing in the ocean, but realize that big waves aren't for everyone. I can't speak to how the beach usually is, or if what we encountered was normal for this area.
We booked a Great Barrier Reef excursion through Calypso and they picked us up right in the front of our hotel, which was great!
Macrossan is the main street in Port Douglas. When you walk out of Martinique, if you go left, you'll be about a 2 min walk from the beach. If you walk right, you'll immediately be at LOTS of shops and restaurants! About a 10 min walk past all the stores and restaurants will get you to a Coles (grocery store) which is great for stocking your kitchenette.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinique - perfect for a romantic getaway in the heart of Port Douglas; yet quiet, relaxing and charismatic. Martinique on Macrossan boasts 19 one bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchenette, bathroom and private balcony. Offering accommodation from one night to ninety one nights, this French Caribbean style complex is perfect for those wanting to escape the masses, stroll the beach just metres away, enjoy a BBQ in the lovingly maintained courtyard, or simply want to relax by the delightful pool area. This resort is one of a kind in Port Douglas, quiet, centrally located, charming, accepts one night stays and is child free. If you want to enjoy the tranquility and relaxing nature of this village, you must stay at Martinique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Martinique on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinique On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- Martinique On Macrossan Port Douglas