I'm writing this review to take exception with Cody56's less than complimentary review. Don't let his review persuade you not to stay here.
We spent a wonderful four nights at Martinique on Macrossan, and will gladly return the next time we visit Port Douglas. The location is excellent, the quite end of Macrossan, next to the Four Mile beach and within walking distance to all the good restaurants, Coles (the local supermarket) and the marina.
Fred and Antonia, the property managers, were lovely people and extremely helpful. Fred greeted us upon our arrival Sunday evening and carried our heavy bag upstairs. They discussed the pros and cons of the various tours and then booked them for us. When we decided to visit the Wildlife Habitat, Antonia provided us with a 20% off coupon and dropped what she was doing and insisted of driving us there so we wouldn't have to bother with catching the bus! When we requested they book an afternoon shuttle to return to the airport, they voluntarily suggested we stay late, at no cost, without my having to request a late checkout.
One final item that I did not read in any other review, was the availability of filtered water to refill your water bottles with. We drink a lot of water, and the savings probably paid for one of our lunches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinique - perfect for a romantic getaway in the heart of Port Douglas; yet quiet, relaxing and charismatic. Martinique on Macrossan boasts 19 one bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchenette, bathroom and private balcony. Offering accommodation from one night to ninety one nights, this French Caribbean style complex is perfect for those wanting to escape the masses, stroll the beach just metres away, enjoy a BBQ in the lovingly maintained courtyard, or simply want to relax by the delightful pool area. This resort is one of a kind in Port Douglas, quiet, centrally located, charming, accepts one night stays and is child free. If you want to enjoy the tranquility and relaxing nature of this village, you must stay at Martinique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Martinique on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinique On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- Martinique On Macrossan Port Douglas