“I think it's closed! ”
Review of Zai Cafe Lounge - CLOSED

Zai Cafe Lounge
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

This used to be an amazing beautifully landscaped Japanese restaurant with a pricey 5 star Japanese menu. We have been passed everyday this week, it appears closed! Front gate closed side entrance closed. No signs or information out the front!
The gardens are a complete mess, they have been let go, weeds, leaves, plants overgrown.... this place was once truly magical with a truly authentic Japanese garden, house and menu.
I am so sad to see it in this state!

Reviewed 9 November 2015

This is actually owned (I believe) by Dougies Backpacker Resort next door but the breakfast and coffee I had was the best I had in my four days in Port Douglas so certainly not complaining. Very tasty with generous portions of quality brekkie goodness.

Reviewed 1 April 2015

We ate here for breakfast . The food servings were generous and tasting and the coffee was good. Value for money

Reviewed 28 December 2014

I have visited this place for the past 2 years and loved the coffee and service. Food was never amazing. However I recently returned to find that it is just used for functions and to cook for the backpackers bar next door. I actually wasn't surprised as most of the clientele was backpackers every time I've been. However, given the wonderful surroundings it could have become so much better rather than worse.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was a really good Japanese restaurant a few years ago. Now it's a sad little cafe which is very run down. Service awful, food very average. Save your money, it's a shocker

2  Thank doris222