“Great variety of food!”

Iron Bar
Ranked #43 of 132 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Whether you’re in town for a wedding, a work-do, or a roadtrip north, no self-respecting blow-in could stake their claim on this beachside village without having tackled a T-bone, kissed a canetoad, or mislaid hours on the dance floor at the IronBar. Quite frankly, you haven’t been to Port Douglas if you haven’t been to the IronBar. The IronBar is pretty much synonymous with “ripper of a good time”, whether as a restaurant, bar, state-of-the-art gaming lounge or mecca for late night shenanigans. By day, a popular dining destination, the IronBar’s steakhouse menu features a lip smacking range of your favourite Aussie pub eats. An esky-cool bar provides welcome relief from the tropics, with a range of Australian and imported beers. Expect the unexpected after dinner, as the IronBar transforms into a battleground for the Far North’s most virulent pest-hello cane toad racing! Retreat to the cool of upstairs' sports bar and gaming lounge till the wee hours or dance the night away!
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate here during their early bird dining special. They offered steak or fish on their special for less than $17. They do charge extra for sauces but they were only a dollar or two. I really liked my fish and my husband said his steak was good. They both came with salads. We sat at a table next to the sidewalk inside but it was still good for people watching. The food came out fast. The waitress checked on us a couple times. This was definitely a great value for dinner! They also have toad races at 8 but we didn't stick around for them.

Date of visit: January 2018
Jayne M, Public Relations Manager at Iron Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

We're glad you loved our Early Bird dining special!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

You know a bar is authentic when you walk into an area and you feel you are a tourist, insofar as you are almost intruding on a very local place. I went upstairs in the Iron Bar, and the atmosphere was amazing; the locals enjoying a beer and looking like part of the decoration. The ground floor takes you back in time, with its stage that looks like it came out of the Blues Brothers Raw Hide scene. The food was excellent, we had the steak - cooked like it should be, which is hardly at all. No hesitation in recommending this for a beer / or a great meal.

Date of visit: February 2018

Awesome, you are so very welcome at the IronBar Tim!

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This was the best seafood spaghetti I've ever had! Deliciously fresg bugs and prawns with a tomato based sause and parmesan cheese on top. Lip lickingly delicious. I polished it off!!

Date of visit: February 2018

Absolutely d'lish! We're glad you enjoyed your bugs and prawns x

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Lot’s of character, nice and cool with water on arrival. Ordered Lamb Shank Pie which was delish, other half had the Bacon & Cheese burger which was also nice.

Date of visit: February 2018

Thanks for sharing your happy review.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I have multiple food allergies but they're easily handled with a competent staff. I'm not sure if it was a language barrier or what but they made ordering my food so incredibly difficult that myself and our entire table got so uncomfortable with the situation. I was ordering the chicken burger that had mango mayo (which I was concerned about - wanted to see what other ingredients were in there to check and be safe) and when a different waitress brought out the food she nastily said "enjoy that mango mayo." None of us really even enjoyed our food, everything was average.

Date of visit: January 2018
3  Thank catalano_haley

We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience Haley. It can be very difficult to manage multiple food allergies, and we're sincerely sorry if we didn't help make that any easier for you.