“Sweet evening”

On The Inlet
Ranked #18 of 130 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: On The Inlet Restaurant is a multi award winning seafood restaurant in the village of Port Douglas (one hour drive north of Cairns). It's established reputation for fine fresh seafood, delicious cocktail list, friendly staff , and location make it popular with both locals and visitors alike! A winning combination of the freshest local seafood and a delicious tropical cocktail selection makes On The Inlet an absolute “must do” for lunch, sundowners or dinner. On The Inlet specialises in serving classic and tropical cocktails and also stocks a carefully curated selection of Australian, New Zealand and imported wines.
Reviewed 21 February 2018

After a busy day at sea, we hit the marina in Port Douglas, and on the way back to our room we stopped at On the Inlet resurant. What a super surprise we had, a nice setting, freindly staff, and great food. We had been in Port Douglas for four days and I have to tell you it was one our favorite meals. The coral trout fish and chips was a super light and delicious way to end the day.

Jayne M, Public Relations Manager at On The Inlet, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

We're very pleased you found us ohfrenchy :)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,549)

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We ordered the coral trout fish and chips and they were excellent. Best meal of my trip to port douglas, and yes I did and eat at “two fish.” thank you “Seattle” for great service! We also enjoyed an assortment of sorbets - also excellent.

"Seattle" rocks, and so does On The Inlet's seafood.
You said it!
Thanks for sharing.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Before we get started, ORDER THE SCALLOPS FOR YOUR ENTREE MEAL!

I've been busy telling everyone I talk to about the Scallops since I have arrived back in Sydney. Seriously, they were close to one of the best entrees that I have ever had (picture attached). I wish I ordered the main meal size!

For my main meal, I purchased the Mushroom Risotto and I added some extra Prawns (big size too) as I couldn't miss out on some Seafood! The Risotto was perfect too, but I still can't beat the Scallops!

I dined at the Restaurant with 5 others and a 1 year old also. I must admit, the service was a tad slow, however the lady was lovely and did advise beforehand that someone had called in sick earlier so they might be a tad slow.

Drinks and Cocktails were pricey, but that was probably the only complaint.

Location was great and was right on the end of town, closer to the Marina/Beach.

Highly recommend this Restaurant, especially for special occasions (birthdays, etc).

Just remember to order the Scallops!

And we've had a noticeable increase in ordering of the scallops as a result of your widespread word-of-mouthrecommendations Ricki ;)
Cheers!

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is in a new location and the new building and the furnishings are good. We had a nice table and at first the service was attentive. The entree was the grilled sardines, which were nicely done. We ordered at the same time as this entree our main dishes, pork saltimobocca and spaghetti marinara. The restaurant was about half full, with most people arriving after us. We waited about 45 minutes after we had finished the sardines and still no main dishes. Other parties who had arrived after us were almost done with their meals. I expressed my concern to the waiter, when we eventually were able to wave him down, who responded with a blithe excuse. Shortly thereafter the meals appeared. My pork saltimboca was tasty, but the pork was tough and dry. I tried another portion, same result. I asked my wife for her opinion, without having given her mine. Same result. My wife’s meal similarly was over cooked. The recipes were tasty but the fish was dry. Just the day before we had an excellent meal at 2Fish, so we were very disappointed here. We talked to the manager or whatever she was who didn’t bother to check our dishes even visually but offered us some minor discount. I didn’t seek a discount, just an acknowledgement of the problem. None came. In short, good recipes, decent physical structure, bad cook and bad service.

2  Thank The_wandering_eyes

We're very sorry to read of your disappointing experience the_wandering_eyes.
Please know that we value your feedback, and have taken your review of the pork saltimbocca served on the night, into consideration at our nightly service review.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here and both of us were really happy with our choices.
The fish curry was just perfect, exactly what I wished for.
Another big plus is that the AC was not set to freezing during the day, it was just cool enough. Lovely lunch, lovely staff, definitely recommend the restaurant.

1  Thank Sarah I

Thank you for sharing Sarah.