“Holiday Paradise”

Zinc Port Douglas
Ranked #31 of 131 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$15 - US$42
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Zinc opened in 2004 and has become one of Port’s iconic venues, a must do while in Port Douglas. Whether on vacation, celebrating that special occasion, or a casual catch up with family or friends, Zinc offers an elegant space to connect and create memories. Located on the vibrant Macrossan street only a stone’s throw away from the picturesque Four Mile Beach, Zinc takes full advantage of the warm sea breeze adding to a unique tropical dining experience. Zinc’s dedicated cocktail bar is open daily from 12pm until late. Boasting a large selection of wine, tap beer and specialty cocktails. Our bar menu compliments a “sit back and relax” attitude with a superb selection of small bites, through to something a little more substantial. Reservations highly recommended during peak season.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

On our holiday of a life time, spent 10 days in Port Douglas, had an amazing meal here on our last night. Very attentive staff and lovely menu.

1  Thank saz402000
Write a ReviewReviews (2,025)

Reviewed 6 January 2018

What a disaster! Our wedding had been planned for months as we had a group of 26 people coming to Port Douglas. I rang this restaurant about 3 months before December and booked. I then asked for confirmation via email but did t receive any. I then rang again about 2 months out to confirm again. I was told I was booked in and all good. I then rang again 2 weeks out from our wedding which was December 28 and the manager informed me that they were closed and didn't know who took our reservation. He didn't seem at all apologetic or seem to care. I then spent the next couple of days trying to arrange another restaurant for 26 people which isn't an easy thing. However, 2 Fish Restaurant were more than happy to have us and boy, they were FANTASTIC! Don't go to Zinc, go across the road to 2 Fish!

1  Thank lianbruce
Reviewed 11 December 2017

The bar is very chilled and we spent a number of pleasant evenings people watching and enjoying the eclectic music. The food was very good, but we felt the service was a bit rushed, but overall a good evening out.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

This restaurant is on the corner of Davidson Street and Macrossan Street. It has an open front and side with tables outside but under cover, and is a nice place to have dinner or a drink in the evening. The menu is a blend of Mediterranean and South East Asia influences. We had the scallops starter which was very good, and the Paella for our mains which was full of shellfish, chicken and chorizo. There are good wines available by the glass.

Service was bit a patchy on the night we had dinner there, we had to wait quite a long time for our order to be taken but it wasn't a big issue for us as we were relaxed and not going anywhere. The restaurant was quite busy on a Thursday evening in late October, so I assume that it's a popular place and so it would be best to reserve a table if you are eating here during the peak holiday season.

The atmosphere was quite informal but it was a smart place, one of the more upmarket eating places on Macrossan Street.

1  Thank Bucksvoyager
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Managed to get in here one last time before it shut its doors for the season. I've never had a bad time here and would recommend to anyone. The team is always welcoming, I tried Dan the manager's house infused green ant cocktail along with 2 more of his creations all amazing!! Food was the great as usual, carpaccio and linguini still the best in town!!!
Thank you Zinc, cannot wait to see the place after the refurbishment. Just hope they keep the head chef and some of the floor team

1  Thank Man_travels_Oz