“Great stay at Crown Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I am generally very fussy about where I stay, and can be a bit of a hotel snob. I booked a standard 2 double bed room with ocean views for our Christmas holiday break commencing boxing day 2012. I decided on Crown Towers because during the peak season I did not want to spend top price. The location is good as it is closer to the Broadbeach area rather than Surfers Paradise which I do not like. Near the beach, a good 10 min walk,better to drive 2 minutes around the corner.

There are two pools, one a very good size and nice surrounds. The other is handy when there are winds. When entering the hotel you do notice that it is a fairly old hotel that is feeling a little tired, but the rooms have been refurbished, so are clean and fresh; and the bathrooms are very nicely appointed. The bath is seperate to the shower which is a plus in my books. The beds are not the best. They are standard hard hotel beds, rather than the nice pillow top super comfy beds that other more luxurious hotels promote. Overall my husband, four year old and I were very comfortable in the room. Housekeeping was excellent.

The buffet breakfast was the best that I have ever enjoyed. Sarah, the matre de for breakfast was always very attentive and friendly, always remembering our names and our favourite table.
Room service was excellent, fast, hot and very good selection, particularly for children; and quite reasonably priced for room service which is always expensive. We ate dinner at the restuarant downstairs as we were too tired to head over to the Broadbeach restaurants, and we had a lovely, relaxed meal.

The staff were always attentive and friendly, particularly Danielle Marshall on checkout.
So overall, no its not the Sheraton, but you don't pay Sheraton; and I have to say that we had a really terrific stay and will return. Super clean,friendly staff, very good amenities, good views. You don't need much more

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear mm88ByronBay,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and for the extensive and thorough review of your experience. I will certainly pass on your feedback directly to Sarah and Danielle as they are both very guest focused individuals and they will certainly appreciate your comments.
Once again, thank you for choosing to have your Christmas break with us on the Gold Coast and I do hope we have the pleasure of your company once again in the not too distant future.
David Brown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,697)

Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Lovely comfortable stay - we will be back.
Beautiful beds - executive rooms have lovely baths!
Free parking makes the stay very good value for money too.
--------------------------------------------------------

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Sharonp 1953,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and I am very pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 1 February 2013

We booked an ocean view room through Priority Privilege using a 2 nights for the price of 1 voucher. When making my booking, and selecting the 2 for 1 voucher tab, the prices displayed for the room selection were already discounted 50%. This was not made clear and leads you to thinking it is the full nightly rate. Thus when it came time to check out, the total was actually double what I had anticipated having to pay. I feel the wording when making the booking is ambiguous and I am very sure I am not the only one to make this mistake ( as pointed out by the receptionist ).

Despite that, the room was very spacious, clean with full bar service, free parking and a beautiful ocean view. So despite paying more than I expected, I was still very happy with the hotel and its facilities.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Textbooks
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Shereen G,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently, and for being a loyal member of our Priority Privilege Club. Please do not ever hesitate to contact the hotel directly should you require clarification on special member offers, as I am aware you receive a number of vouchers with your membership pack.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again, next time you are visiting Australia.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

it's a bit far from the vibrant part of surfer's paradise, around 15 min walk. the room was just amazing! very clean and comfortable and the view to the ocean is stunning! over all the services and staff were also great. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear ChristianeNSW,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us last November and I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit.
I do hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you once again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Stayed 8 nights at this hotel last week, with a friend and my 9 year old daughter. The staff were so welcoming and helpful during our stay and we couldn't of asked for anything more. We had a ocean view twin room with fabulous views and my daughter practically lived in the pool every arvo after we got bk from our aadventures. The pool was a great size 1.1m which was wonderful to use for kids or adults wanting to cool down. Concierege staff were amazing as you never felt like you couldn't ask them anything and i asked a lot lol. Short taxi ride to surfers township which cost approx $9-$11 and bus stops on either side just a hop step and a jump. Ordered room service and the food was delicious and didn't cost the earth. Overall my daughter loved the hotel so i couldn't ask for much more :)

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms def have a beautiful view levels 10 up :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear Nicki A,
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise for your accommodation needs during your recent visit to the Gold Coast.
I am thrilled to hear you and (especially) your daughter enjoyed our services and facilities and that we met your expectations.
Thank you for sharing your comments accordingly and I hope we can be of service to you once again when you visit from New Zealand.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
Mantra on View Hotel
#11 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
1.6 km away
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!