I am generally very fussy about where I stay, and can be a bit of a hotel snob. I booked a standard 2 double bed room with ocean views for our Christmas holiday break commencing boxing day 2012. I decided on Crown Towers because during the peak season I did not want to spend top price. The location is good as it is closer to the Broadbeach area rather than Surfers Paradise which I do not like. Near the beach, a good 10 min walk,better to drive 2 minutes around the corner.
There are two pools, one a very good size and nice surrounds. The other is handy when there are winds. When entering the hotel you do notice that it is a fairly old hotel that is feeling a little tired, but the rooms have been refurbished, so are clean and fresh; and the bathrooms are very nicely appointed. The bath is seperate to the shower which is a plus in my books. The beds are not the best. They are standard hard hotel beds, rather than the nice pillow top super comfy beds that other more luxurious hotels promote. Overall my husband, four year old and I were very comfortable in the room. Housekeeping was excellent.
The buffet breakfast was the best that I have ever enjoyed. Sarah, the matre de for breakfast was always very attentive and friendly, always remembering our names and our favourite table.
Room service was excellent, fast, hot and very good selection, particularly for children; and quite reasonably priced for room service which is always expensive. We ate dinner at the restuarant downstairs as we were too tired to head over to the Broadbeach restaurants, and we had a lovely, relaxed meal.
The staff were always attentive and friendly, particularly Danielle Marshall on checkout.
So overall, no its not the Sheraton, but you don't pay Sheraton; and I have to say that we had a really terrific stay and will return. Super clean,friendly staff, very good amenities, good views. You don't need much more
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, IHG, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast