All reviews minute walk the gold coast apartment was clean five nights washing machine self contained apartment handy location close proximity a great stay great apartment one bedroom apartment accommodation surfers dryer essentials key coles
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Parking instructions were horrific. After calling in the morning to see if our apartment was ready, and we were told it was, we arrived to be told it would not be ready till late afternoon. I signed for the keys and left left our credit card. We returned after 5 to find the office was locked and no keys were left in the 24 hour box. There was no phone number for after hours. We had to stay at another hotel for the night. 1 set of keys, 1 toilet roll, 3 towels for 4 people staying 3 nights. The apartment was difficult to find. It was in a good position and had a great kid friendly out door pool. Pity about holiday holiday management. And yes we did get 1 nights refund. I would not recommend going through Holiday Holiday Management!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Elle V
Management867, Manager at Chevron Palms Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you for placing a review for the Chevron Palms. Our park instruction simply Drive passes the swimming pool turn left to enter the carpark. No parking in number 27 and 37 car spaces please, otherwise no allocated parking. We are sorry to hear you find this is difficult to understand.

A straightforward instruction displayed at the front gate to contact the night tel or dial the emergency number if the guest were having difficulties getting to their apartment. Shall you read the instruction, you will get to your apartment at no time.

Yes, our fully self-catered apartment only have basic amenities to start your stay. Items such as toilet paper & coffee..etc. are not replenishable, the guest is required obtain their supply from the local store.

All our apartments are ONE BEDROOM and have a maximum occupancy of 3 people. The 4th people obviously stayed without our acknowledgement; not to mention it is against our booking policy and evidently, you tried to avoid the cost by squeezing everyone in a one bedroom unit. Perhaps booking other accommodation with two bedrooms will be ideal for you.

Our keys have tags to indicate the stairwell, floor and unit of the apartment. Each stairwell access displays the corresponding units can access, unfortunately, we do not any simpler way to display this. Lastly, we do not offer a refund once any no-show or stay shorten. Thus we are unsure who refunded the first night of accommodation. Finally, select accommodation based on comfortability before cost is key to have a less angry and disappointed stay.

We wish you the best.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I recently stayed at these apartments and was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, however, I needn't have feared, this accommodation was top notch and perfect for my type of travel. Yes, you are in a self-catered apartment so you do need to provide some of your basic provisions, and yes you do need to pay for air-con and internet, but these are luxuries in addition to the fact you're staying in a fully kitted out apartment.

The apartment block is 10 minute walk to the beach, 5 minute walk to the nearest Coles and it's super easy to get anywhere you need to.

The staff are also really helpful, if you are arriving after their check in time you NEED TO contact them to ask for the out of hours check in process. I booked through Expedia and didn't know this till my day of travel but I was sent the details and was able to get in no problem.
Note: There are no elevators due so take this into consideration.

Overall, I will be staying here again if ever I go back to Surfers, if you want the full hotel experience - I'd suggest looking somewhere else, but if you're happy to be self-sufficient then this is the place for you :)

Room Tip: I stayed on ground floor and had no issues with noise or anything like that.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Great apartment, spacious well supplied with the basics, washing machine, dryer, microwave.Does not supply toiletries! Lovely location near a shopping center just across from the bridge. Easy to catch buses or trams from to other locations. Receptionist very helpful and knowledgeable.Lovely clean swimming pool! A++++

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Thank you Chevron Palms for another great stay. As always, the apartment was clean and tidy, and very accommodating.
It was wonderful to be able to swim every day, then take a short stroll into Surfers for shopping and dining.
Being so close to public transport made it very easy for us to get to where we were going without any complications. Both the tram and the bus are very close by.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love these apartments and I have stay here a few times a year. They are all really new with the best ammenities. The pool is great for adults and kids and offers shade as well as sun.
The apartments are self contained so they are basic but they have everything you need! Perfect for a get away or family holiday.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo