“Best Goat Curry & wonderful setting”

The Tandoori Place Indian Restaurant
Ranked #137 of 401 Restaurants in Surfers Paradise
Price range: US$19 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Establish since 1984. for Authentic Indian cuisine, (FOR THOSE Who Know THE different) our service to you Dine-in, Takeaway, Home Delivery and catering. Breakfast, lunch ,Diner late till midnight. specialising in Tandoori (clay oven cooking) Curries, sweets and famous Street food whole day service. New web
Reviewed 10 March 2015

We first visited a few years ago and experienced goat for the first time and have sought it ever since. Best curry I've ever had and returned last night and enjoyed it again. It must be the most beautiful setting for an Indian restaurant, great ambeience but glad I had my LED pen torch so I could see menu.Good friendly service. The cheese & onion Nan was superb but didn't enjoy the rubbery butter chicken. Reasonably priced wine list at $25 for bottle of 2011 Shiraz. Would definitely return.

1  Thank MoReardon

Reviewed 15 February 2015

My 5 year old daughter was the last person to receive her food which was a good 10-15 min after everyone else and i had to ask about it 3 times, in the end she didn't even eat it because she fell asleep, the meals came out first, then the rice, so we had to wait for the rice to come before we could even start, I asked for a a butter chicken with no spice as i was sharing it with my 6 yr old daughter and it was still sooo spicy she couldn't eat it, I was totally disgusted with the service and the food was not nice either

2  Thank Amanda T
Reviewed 13 February 2015

We popped in here and got some Take Aways on our first night. I really am sorry I did not go back. Was wonderful.

1  Thank Wen5739
Reviewed 16 January 2015

This restaurant wins hands down the award for poorest food quality and worst customer customer service! They served stale microwaved meals to us, argued when we complained about freshness and gave very rude expressions to us...Total rip off and complete nightmare when you are trying have some good time with family.

1  Thank Garima G
Reviewed 24 December 2014 via mobile

After eating at the Tandoori Place Indian Restaurant while on holidays I will never eat Indian from my local takeaway again. The food at Tandoori was sublime. I can't fault any if the food and recommend the goat curry. The restaurant itself is extremely beautiful although a little too dimly lit. Will definitely be returning on my next holiday.

3  Thank Reg D