“Jaffles to kill for”

The Sweatshop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Wow this place had the best home made jaffles, juices in jam jars and just a really funky decoration scheme happening. It was modern yet edgy at the same time, the uniqueness and the fun and great food made this as have to eat at on my dining list when I am up north.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Good first date place. The menus got some cool things to try and they have board games and cards lying around the place if things turn a little awkward. Well priced and a bit classier than taking her to subway or whatever else is on the flinders strip.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Food was ok, service was not the best, decor strange. Has good rep for jaffles, but they are only average. Overall, bit of a let down.

1  Thank foodluva13
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch a few days ago and got take away jaffles for lunch. Both myself and my wife had the mince with chutney and peas and they were really tasty although somewhat small. It was quite busy as we were there in the lunch hour so we waited maybe 25 mins. Decor is funky with a bit of a hipster vibe. Would go back but maybe for an afternoon snack to avoid the wait. Wife said coffee was good also.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

As locals, we go to the Sweatshop quite often - our most frequently visited cafe in town. You NEED to order Jaffles. That's what the place is renowned for and for good reason. And plus they're only $7! They have tonnes of options and all the ones we've tried are great. I'm a vegetarian and I recommend the Sweet P (but there are 2 others to choose from also) and my boyfriend loves the Meat Pie, Burrito and Cheeseburger equally (so much so that he orders all three in one sitting). The fresh juices are fantastic as is their homemade iced coffee (not as sweet as the bought ones). They also have a range of baked sweet treats that change daily and every one that I've tried is delicious. Try to go a little earlier or later than the peak lunch time as it can take a while for your order to come when it's busy. The staff are always lovely even when rushed off their feet. The Sweatshop is a bit of a hipster hangout, but we're not hipsters by any accounts but they don't judge us! Try and snag the Jenga from the array of games they've got on offer. Fun for while you're waiting.