US$98
Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville(Townsville)
US$71
US$107
Priceline
US$111
US$101
Allure Hotel & Apartments(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$72
Hotels.com
Waters Edge The Strand(North Ward)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$78
Adventurers Resort(Townsville)
  • Breakfast included
1,007 results
All reviewscastletown shopping centrelake viewclose to the airportfast food outletsbuffet breakfastfamily roomrooms are comfortablelovely poolpleasant stayreception staffgreat spotmagnetic islandcelsiussizzlertropicalpillowsconference
Reviewed 14 August 2015

My room was a mixed bag.. Clean but the shower had poor water pressure and the shower head wouldn't stay upright made for an interesting shower. I really liked that the room was 'prepared' for my check in such as the air conditioner was on making it pleasant to walk into a room that was a nice temperature. I felt overall the price charged was too expensive for what was on offer.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
MercureTownsville, Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Dear Diane

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville. It is always a pleasure to receive both constructive and positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I have ensure that our Maitenance team has been advised of the water pressure in your room, I sincerely apologise for this inconvenience as it is not a regular occurence.

Thank you again for providing feedback from your stay, and we hope to see you next time you are in Townsville.

Andrea Hughes
Assistant Manager
Mercure Townsville

Reviewed 12 August 2015

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 10 August 2015

We attended a wedding. The location, grounds, food were outstanding and romantic. The pool was lovely. Rooms basic. Take-away and shopping within walking distance. Only 5km to The Strand. I would recommended this accomodation especially for a wedding.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

Dear linh663

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Mercure Townsville. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding you attended with your family and friends.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope that you will visit again next time you are in Townsville.

With thanks once again
Andrea Hughes
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2015

Well what can one Say...checked in and walked to room with ones bags ...room was quite nice .(.second level no lifts so dragged the cases up) with good views and seemed big enough... the bathroom was well stocked and very clean ...didn't like the shower floor as the water ran out and wet the bath mat and everything else...the bed was comfortable and so was the pillows...we had to request extra blankets as the room had the heater part in the aircon not wired up and the room was quite cool during the mornings....there was NO bedside lamps or any reading lamps and found lamp glass on the floor near the bed and was told a previous guests child had broken the lamps....the desk dray had breadcrumbs in it and there were biscuit pieces under the cushions on the sofa...the wine glasses had finger marks aver them and the plates in the drawer had food still on them ....all reported to the hotel who were very apologetic and offered us free breakfast for our 3 day stay...might stay again but who knows as there are plenty to chose from....

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Dear Mary M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Townsville. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I have passed our review on to our housekeeping manager as glass in your room on check in is unacceptable and my sincerest apologies that this was missed as it was a huge oversight on our behalf, as well as the other cleaning issues in your room. Being that we live in the tropics we don't have reverse cycle air conditioners, which is why we keep extra blankets in the room and of course can bring more to your room if needed. However I do appreciate that it can get colder than normal in the rooms at this time of year. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you have raised so we can prevent future occurrence and I am happy to hear our staff made this wrong right by offering you complimentary breakfast for your stay with us.

Nikola Murphy
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2015

Stayed here with my family for 5 days. Great pool and facilities. The rooms are basic but very clean and quiet. Lots of stairs so watchout if you have bad knees or disabled. I bit out of town so hire a car or use taxi's. No free Internet.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear David A,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. Being that we are a resort style hotel with only 2 levels we do unfortunately only have stairs as access to our upstairs rooms. We certainly do try to accommodate our guests and if they have preferences such as ground floor we can absolutely allocate that to them. With regards to our Wifi we have just recently had free unlimited Wifi added to our foyer and restaurant area and our newly refurbished premium rooms also have this free access. We are certainly working on installing this to all our rooms hopefully in the near future.

Nikola Murphy