Adventurers Resort(Townsville)
US$35
  • Breakfast included
US$110
  • Pool
Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$118
US$107
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Allure Hotel & Apartments(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
Hotels.com
Waters Edge The Strand(North Ward)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$80
Orbitz.com
US$94
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Central Kensington by Vivo(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$75
US$94
1,001 results
All reviewscastletown shopping centrelake viewclose to the airportfast food outletsbuffet breakfastfamily roomrooms are comfortablelovely poolchecking outpleasant staybusiness tripgreat spotmagnetic islandcelsiusreceptionsizzlertropical
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Mercure will be in top 10 of the hotels that I've ever stayed in. They have spacious rooms with fast internet and a great view!

The breakfast options are vast, and good. The hotel facilities are as good as it gets.

I would recommend this hotel to all.

Stayed: January 2017
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear JithinThomas,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and wonderful to hear of your overall experience during your stay with us. I will certainly be sure to share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

A very nice atmosphere but needs some maintenance. Big drawback was having to walk through the restaurant with our belongings to get to our room and had to park so far away from our room.
The pool and grounds were stunning and the breakfast was beautiful.
The room was neat and tidy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Erin,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and lovely to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel. I will share your comments with our team. The layout of the hotel where the restaurant located can make it difficult for our guests when checking in with their luggage, especially if the bar/restaurant is busy. I have passed on this feedback to our restaurant manager to perhaps look into a better pathway in this area for our guests. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Work takes me to Townsville for a few days every 3 months, I have tried most of the hotels in town but for the past 2 or 3 years I have been staying at the Mercure.
Why do I keep going back?
I. The beds. When you are on the road a good night's sleep is a priority and I know that I will get it at the Mercure, their beds are so comfortable.
2. The shower. Nothing better than a long hot shower after a hard day's work, the Mercure offers plenty of water and plenty of pressure to wash off the dirt and soothe away the aches and pains.
3. The Restaurant/cafe. The coffee is always good, the beer is always cold. Breakfast is plentiful and on the odd occasion that I have had time for dinner, it has been excellent (although not the largest servings). Around the bar/pool area is also a great place for celebrity spotting.
4. Service. The staff, in the restaurant, at reception do an exceptional job. They are always pleasant, nothing is a trouble for them, they make you feel special, make you feel welcome, that's all anyone wants.
5. Extras. As a club member, I get some bonuses. Sometimes I get room upgrades, a complimentary bottle of water when I arrive or a complimentary drink at the bar. I get points for each stay that I can use as partial payment for accommodation or save up for a free night.

For me the Mercure's selling point is consistent quality. Clean room, great bed, great shower, great service and great coffee.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert F
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Robert,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback but when coming from one of our loyalty members it is extra special. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. I am certain that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It is wonderful to see you enjoying all the facilities and to hear of your wonderful experience you have every time you stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience Robert, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This place has nice grounds, and the rooms are pretty nice for what your pay as well, but it was definately the little things that really annoyed me. The fact there was no way to plug your phone into charge, next to the bed. Even more annoying, there are points there they just intentionally stop you from getting to them. Also the tv was really poor quality, and when you're traveling alone for business not much else to do. The food at the restaurant looked nice, but at avg $35 for a main, I opted to eat at one of the many good choices within 2mins walk.

Place is definitely clean and functional, it's really just dated when it comes to modern technology.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Scotty,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay with us mostly. I will share your comments with our team. I do agree that our rooms are dated and we are working on this currently with some future plans in place to modernise the rooms, particularly the standard rooms for the comfort of our guests. We certainly appreciate your feedback regarding this to highlight those issues faced in the room to ensure we rectify them for the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a recent business trip. Comfortable clean rooms with pleasant surroundings and views over lake.
Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of selection.
Found the dinner menu and room service menu could be improved.
Service was good with friendly staff, I would recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Nicola,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and our staff were friendly and accommodating. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. I am sorry your restaurant experience was not up to expectations. Please know that our menu is currently being reviewed and we should be rolling out a new menu very soon. So I hope this will be finalised for your next visit!I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.