“Never again”

Mercure Townsville
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I stayed at the hotel for nearly 2 weeks. The first room I stayed in was close to the conference rooms. I was woken up every night several times a night by party-goers. 1am, 3am, 4am, 5am.. I eventually asked to be moved. The hotel staff moved me. The next room was better bar the chair being broken. As I was working long hours I ordered room service only to be fed food covered in fat 1hr and 15 minutes after I ordered. I found the service to be below average and the only person to be friendly to me was Jimmy. Bitterly disappointed and I will be requesting to stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: If you must, stay on the top floors as far away from the bar and conference rooms as possible
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Krissa,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Townsville. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I am very sorry to hear of your experience during your stay and finding the first area you stayed noisy. This has been passed on to our security of a weekend to ensure the property is patrolled well during the evening to prevent this noise from occurring. I have also passed on your feedback to our executive chef regarding your dinner experience so please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Your feedback regarding Jimmy will certainly be passed on to him personally, as we appreciate your kind words regarding him and it is great to hear he offered you great service. Something for all our staff to take on board. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Mercure will be in top 10 of the hotels that I've ever stayed in. They have spacious rooms with fast internet and a great view!

The breakfast options are vast, and good. The hotel facilities are as good as it gets.

I would recommend this hotel to all.

Stayed: January 2017

Dear JithinThomas,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and wonderful to hear of your overall experience during your stay with us. I will certainly be sure to share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

A very nice atmosphere but needs some maintenance. Big drawback was having to walk through the restaurant with our belongings to get to our room and had to park so far away from our room.
The pool and grounds were stunning and the breakfast was beautiful.
The room was neat and tidy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Erin,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and lovely to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel. I will share your comments with our team. The layout of the hotel where the restaurant located can make it difficult for our guests when checking in with their luggage, especially if the bar/restaurant is busy. I have passed on this feedback to our restaurant manager to perhaps look into a better pathway in this area for our guests. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Work takes me to Townsville for a few days every 3 months, I have tried most of the hotels in town but for the past 2 or 3 years I have been staying at the Mercure.
Why do I keep going back?
I. The beds. When you are on the road a good night's sleep is a priority and I know that I will get it at the Mercure, their beds are so comfortable.
2. The shower. Nothing better than a long hot shower after a hard day's work, the Mercure offers plenty of water and plenty of pressure to wash off the dirt and soothe away the aches and pains.
3. The Restaurant/cafe. The coffee is always good, the beer is always cold. Breakfast is plentiful and on the odd occasion that I have had time for dinner, it has been excellent (although not the largest servings). Around the bar/pool area is also a great place for celebrity spotting.
4. Service. The staff, in the restaurant, at reception do an exceptional job. They are always pleasant, nothing is a trouble for them, they make you feel special, make you feel welcome, that's all anyone wants.
5. Extras. As a club member, I get some bonuses. Sometimes I get room upgrades, a complimentary bottle of water when I arrive or a complimentary drink at the bar. I get points for each stay that I can use as partial payment for accommodation or save up for a free night.

For me the Mercure's selling point is consistent quality. Clean room, great bed, great shower, great service and great coffee.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert F
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Robert,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback but when coming from one of our loyalty members it is extra special. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. I am certain that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It is wonderful to see you enjoying all the facilities and to hear of your wonderful experience you have every time you stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience Robert, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This place has nice grounds, and the rooms are pretty nice for what your pay as well, but it was definately the little things that really annoyed me. The fact there was no way to plug your phone into charge, next to the bed. Even more annoying, there are points there they just intentionally stop you from getting to them. Also the tv was really poor quality, and when you're traveling alone for business not much else to do. The food at the restaurant looked nice, but at avg $35 for a main, I opted to eat at one of the many good choices within 2mins walk.

Place is definitely clean and functional, it's really just dated when it comes to modern technology.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Scotty,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay with us mostly. I will share your comments with our team. I do agree that our rooms are dated and we are working on this currently with some future plans in place to modernise the rooms, particularly the standard rooms for the comfort of our guests. We certainly appreciate your feedback regarding this to highlight those issues faced in the room to ensure we rectify them for the future.