“Could have been better”

Price range: US$4 - US$33
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Townsville Yacht Club is home to a bar & bistro overlooking the beautiful marina in Ross Creek in the heart of Townsville's CBD.
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We went to the Yacht Club for my birthday. Reservation was handled smoothly. We were seated at a nice table overlooking the water which was lovely. The menu is really inspired and exciting. One thing that brought us here is my children are now old enough we're don't need "kids menus" with disgusting "kids food" like pubs offer. They eat from the main menu now they're older. Well the yacht club does have a kids menu but I thought it would be better than the junk you get from pubs and steak houses around town. So when my 10 year old wanted the "gluten free crumbed chicken bites" from their kids menu I had high hopes. Ordering is not at the table. Go up to the desk and order and pay there. I asked the lady taking my order "are the chicken bites REAL, PROPER chicken, made here on site and not bought in?" She assured me they're made by the chefs here. So with that promise I ordered them. Was devastated to discover they're actually bought in manufactured nuggets.(think maccas quality). I felt lied to. I told the lady I ordered from they're not real chicken. Her care factor was nil.
Dessert menu was short but had all great options. We ordered 4 different dishes and every one was excellent.
Overall I'd recommend this place for a decent meal (excluding kids menu) at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Had Saturday night dinner here while the Commonwealth Games prelim basketball was being held. Two birthday parties and a bit of chaos added to an interesting night.
Every place has a different system to ordering so I ask first and no worries. Our meals were delivered in a timely manner and were very tasty. It was a stinker of a night with 91% humidity so a cold beer was called for. Only thing was the glass was cracked badly and in the poor light, I didn't see it until I was half way through. The staff were very apologetic and the situation was remedied quickly.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

No table service, but we’re asked to wait to be seated. Waited 15 minutes to be seated. Above average restaurant prices with below par service. Disappointing meals, not restaurant quality despite the price tag. Staff service ver average.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Dined here twice during a 5 day visit to Townsville last week. Both times meals were good and served without undue wait time. Very quite on Wednesday evening, unlike Sunday, but that may have been due to raining all day. Staff were friendly. Would recommend this place for a good meal with nice view of marina

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We went to the Yacht Club for lunch today. Sorry to say that we were really disappointed with our meals. We waited 35 minutes for burnt chips and over cooked fish and chicken parmigiana. They were a little expensive compared to other establishments in Townsville. The service was good and friendly though.