1,460 results
All reviewspebble beachlong pavilionwindward pavilionplunge poolbeach dropqualia staffgolf buggysunset cruisegourmet packagetasting menujurassic parknon alcoholic drinksguest servicesour honeymoonoutdoor showerhelicopter rideglass of champagne
Reviewed 15 April 2016

How anyone can negatively rate this hotel is beyond my understanding. I was lucky enough to spend five nights at Qualia Resort with my husband as a part of our honeymoon travelling around Australia. If I could have, I would have spent the entire three weeks there!

From the moment we arrived at the airport we were greeted by lovely hotel staff ready with cool water and a cool towel to refresh. We were instantly whisked away to the hotel and told our luggage would follow which it did an arrived at reception as we were checking into the hotel. The representative of the hotel took his time to explain the island as we drove to the hotel. The island is very small so in this time he was almost able to give us a tour of where everything was so that once we were at the hotel we would be comfortable enough finding our way around!

We were greeted at the hotel with champagne and a dedicated member of staff who sat us down in reception and checked us in to the hotel. At this moment it hit me that the level of service here was going to be exceptional. Their care and attention to detail was impeccable. Her interest in where we had come from and congratulating us on our recent wedding came across as completely genuine.

There is no doubting that this place is beautiful. I did comment that it seems they hire staff who are easier on the eye too!

During checking in, as we were only staying for 5 nights, we decided to sit down and discuss any excursions we wanted to go on in that time to ensure we didn't miss our opportunities. All we needed to do was say the word and the staff at Qualia did everything!

Everything was organised, confirmations were sent to our room and the hotel organised everything everyday.

Before going to our room, we went straight down to Pebble Beach for lunch which was our first amazing meal at Qualia. And then onto our room. Well, it was breathtaking. Unlike anywhere I have ever stayed. It was absolutely immaculate with cleaners coming in every day to ensure it stayed at a high standard. Absolutely anything you needed, guest services would be at the door within 5 minutes. I have often joked with family and friends since being home that if i'd have phoned guest services at 2am asking for an elephant it would have been at the door by the time I got out of bed.

Our experience at Qualia was utter paradise and I would go back in a flash.

One of the aspects that impressed me was the drop of and pick up service. On Hamilton Island, the majority of people drive around in golf buggys. You are given a golf buggy as part of your stay at Qualia. In the evening, if we went out for dinner on the island we would have staff from Qualia drive us to the restaurant to allow my husband and I to relax and have a drink. We were told that at the end of the meal, when asking for the bill, just ask them to phone the hotel and a member of staff would come and pick us up. The service was excellent. There wasn't a time where we had to wait for the pick up at all, they used to be outside so quickly so this was fantastic.

Thank you to Qualia resort and all the staff for providing us with such a wonderful experience at your hotel!

Room Tip: best views, best staff, beautiful, great food, best rooms,
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R D
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Qualia is a stunningly beautiful resort on Hamilton Island. Our accommodation, a Windward Pavilion, was gorgeous, spacious, offering a wonderful view as well as a private pool. The Pebble Beach pool is an infinity pool overlooking the beach as well as sea. The food was very good and the degustation menu was excellent. I do feel that the service could have been better. Although the staff was very friendly, most of them were not that accommodating. Several times, when asking, for example, to have dinner at a later time, the response was "no" and that this was the only time they had. If I asked for a different location for our table, the answer was the tables were all reserved. At other resorts of this calibre and we stayed at many, I always felt that the staff went out of its way to please and accommodate. At this resort, I felt that as long as you were going along with their agenda, you were met with positives and when you asked for something that didn't fit their agenda, you were met with a gratuitous response that translated to "no". Special thanks to Jaime, Jeannette & Kim for being the exception to the rule!

Room Tip: Take the helicopter to the Reef when the tourist boat carrying 300 people is not there. Pavilion 6 is the best.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

I saw this statement written somewhere. I dismissed it as exaggerated and probably impossible to verify. But after staying at qualia for three nights I don't know what a resort could do to be better.

Mother Nature helped to make our stay wonderful with beautiful weather and superb views but the people and the pavilions, the service and facilities at qualia could not be better.

The staff from the executive director to the cleaning staff are able to combine efficiency and professionalism with the right amount of friendliness.

Throw in the free use of the zippy little golf cart and liberal complimentary glasses of French champagne and maybe qualia is the best resort in the world.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2016

This was my surprise honeymoon planed by my husband, and WOW it was the most incredible place I've ever been...from the moment we stepped off the plane we were cared for by very friendly staff in a profession but very person way, the resort is just beautiful....the rooms were very large, clean and everything we needed. The private pool was a stunning place to relax and enjoy...the service to our room was divine made the best honeymoon ever...the view you wake up to in mornings make you feel like your in dreamland ..and well for the food it was nest level...yum yum yum....its worth spending your money for a very special and memorable experience....Can't wait to go back...

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2016

This place exceeds expectations! We stayed in the Windward Room and the extra money for the private pool was totally worth it. This place offers complete privacy, you instantly drop into island time as they hand you champagne as you arrive. The food, the service, the ammenities, the spa, the pools and their approach to ensuring you have an amazingly peaceful experience is the best in the business. I did not lift a finger for anything! Put it on your bucket list or your missing out!

Room Tip: Pay extra and get the private pool room - its totally worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple