“Very central location-very friendly helpful staff.”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #15 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 12 April 2017

The Stamford is very clean but the furniture in the rooms is getting a bit tired looking. I couldn't fault the staff as they were so friendly and helpful. Having car parking next door, that connected to the hotel lobby, was an added bonus. Breakfast was terrific with a very good and varied selection. The Gym was adequate and the rooftop pool was refreshing as the weather was quite hot. The free tram was right outside the door, and made getting to places like The Central Market, really handy. Perfect location.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Skaisti
Russell C, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Skalsti

Thanks for your review, I am absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your review across the hotel with the teams.

I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

It's always good to stay where you are welcomed warmly and where things just work. The staff at the Stamford Plaza always go out of their way to ensure that their establishment is a 'home away from home' when travel for work is required and a stay away from home is unavoidable. The food and service at Ginza Miyako Japanese restaurant is also outstanding. Great location; great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Craig H
Russell C, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Craig H

I am delighted to read that you consider the Stamford Plaza Adelaide to be a home away from home. That is a huge compliment to the whole team!

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and the team and I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Right in the heart of Rads this was a good place to stay. The room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom could do with some updating and replenishment from housekeeping was hit and miss. I guess it was whatever they felt like giving you on the day. For example on my last day which I was there for three they decided to not give me a vanity set as I must have used my quota. Other than that I would have to say for the price it was good and walking distance to everywhere. The concierge team were very helpful. My welcome was ok but the girl seemed new as my colleague received a far more comprehensive overview of the hotel and facilities than I did - so I eavesdropped on that to get the information that I needed.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MimiFlorence23

Dear MimiFlorence

Thank you for your review of your recent stay in 'Rads' (love it!). I appreciate your considered feedback and am thrilled that you largely enjoyed your stay. I note that we didn't always deliver on some of the smaller details and I know that these are key to an absolute five-star experience. So I have shared your comments with my relevant managers and reminded all to keep on top of delivering the exceptional service that our guests have come to expect.

I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Spent our wedding night as part of Sunday package. Fantastic value. Amazing service from room to food. We upgraded our room and chose valet parking. Stamford exceeded our expectations. And the location and views from the 13th floor were amazing.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnny And Yvet... B
Russell C, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Johnny and Yvet B

I am delighted to read your review and congratulations to you both on the occasion of your wedding. We pride ourselves on giving our guests an exceptional experience and it is a delight to read that we met that for you on your special occasion.

Please don't be a stranger! The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

The staff were pleasant, and very welcoming, the rooms clean and we had a great view of the Adelaide oval. Check in was a bit hard, as not explained we had to pay $100.00 security for each room and it had to be done on a credit card not cash, but the check out was easy.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mariecH7940YE

Dear mariec

I am delighted by your highly rated review and comments following your recent stay at the Stamford Plaza Adelaide. The security fee that you refer to is one that many hotels have a policy on. This is a hold on the credit card which the relevant bank manages. Immediately upon checkout we advise the bank to lift the hold on the credit card. We can provide our guests with a reference number so that they can follow up with the bank as to their timing of the release of the authorisation.

I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you again.