“Delicious and Authentic Indo Food”
Review of Pondok Daun

Pondok Daun
Ranked #92 of 1,861 Restaurants in Adelaide
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Best Indonesian restaurant in Adelaide. Very authentic and the smell reminds me of my time in Bali and Jakarta. The owners are definitely Indonesian. Well worth the visit if your craving or wanting to eat Indonesian food.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (67)

Reviewed 12 August 2020

I've been into this restaurant number of times and the food the I've tried are great. So far I've tried their fried fish, oxtail soup, beef ribs soup and fried chicken. They are all great tasty food at reasonable prices.

The staff are friendly and welcoming as well. Clean place.

Will be back again and highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 3 February 2020

Having recently visited Indonesia, we wanted to see if we could revisit the flavours when we returned home to Adelaide.
Pondok Daun was friendly, inviting, informal and the variety of dishes and prices were terrific.
The food was served very quickly and was as appealing as the photos in the menu. it was delicious and had the same flavours as we were seeking.

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank Juliehahn21
Reviewed 21 October 2019

While on holiday, I got takeaway twice from here and shared the meal with my father, who is from East Java, Indonesia. He was ecstatic that the flavours were so wholesome and reminded him of home- best indonesian food he's had for a long while. The fried whole tilapia fish with belado apparently tasted just like his sister's cooking. We also shared char kwey teow, mixed vegetables and ox tail soup. To top it all off, the prices are excellent; great value and quite affordable. The service staff were so friendly, and the food was freshly cooked and very quick! Would definitely return next time we're in Adelaide.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank Regi S
Reviewed 29 September 2019

The CKT had a lovely flavour. Unfortunately it didn't have the char or spice of CKT I am used to from Malaysia. Additionally it had some rather large pieces of almost raw cabbage or similar.

Most disappointing was the serving size. The meals I saw come out to those dining in were huge. One lady couldn't eat all hers. Half a plate almost filled the take away container. While the portion was large enough for me, clearly eating in represents better value.

Flavours were very good, meal was enjoyable so I would go back but probably would choose to eat in next time, particularly if I was hungry.

Date of visit: September 2019