“Great meal”

Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Coober Pedy
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: John's Pizza Bar and Restaurant is a multi-award-winning establishment. It is a licensed, café-style, al-fresco restaurant located in the outback South Australian town of Coober Pedy, which specialises in providing locals and visitors alike with high quality, affordable dining and service.
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

It was a popular choice as they had a big menu to choose from, but the popular choice is the pizza. We had a meat lovers pizza and it was great. We also had some chips which were chunky. Highly recommend john’s pizza bar. With great service

Reviewed 17 April 2018

This is a basic looking Pizza restaurant that also offers a variety of other food options. The seating and the atmosphere is nothing special but the pizza is excellent and well priced.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Hubby had great memories of the pizza here, and even though it's changed hands, the pizza is still delicious. Kids got a thrill from trying one with Kangaroo & Emu on it.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We had two families so ordered the large pizza and we couldn’t believe how big it was! It was delicious and was almost entirely devoured!
My non-pizza-loving son was happy too as there were other options on the menu so he got to have a burger, which he equally enjoyed!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I love pizza, and was looking forward to “the best pizza in Australia” but left very disappointed.

Firstly - pizza was so-so... flavours were good, but the base was so disappointing that I actually walked over to check that they weren’t frozen!

Secondly - service.... whilst the waitress who served us was very nice and pleasant, immediately after I paid I remembered that our hotel entitled us to a 10% discount. I asked (immediately after paying) if I could get this discount and was told that I couldn’t because the transaction had gone through. I also asked if I could have a free coffee instead (discount would have been $11.90), but was told that they wouldn’t do that. The explanation given was that “lots has changed since the new owners”.

Hard for me to be disappointed with a pizza place, but I’ll be happy to get home to my local.