Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews walk in wardrobe comfortable beds retreat accommodation facilities butler luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I love my club! I've been a member for over 10 years and I use it nearly every day. If you work in Melbourne City and want to join a club that has it all the RACV City Club is the one. With full Gym, Pool (25m), Spa, accommodation, restaurants and reciprocal clubs world wide and lots more it has all you would want. You do have to be a member of the Club to use it. Enquire and see. I love it!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager C, General Manager at RACV City Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Hello Carla0911 and thank you so much for your wonderful review. We love hearing from members who enjoy their membership, the Club facilities and our member events. Highlights magazine and E-Highlights emails will keep you updated with everything that is going on to help you make the most of your membership. I hope you are also able to enjoy the Healesville Country Club; so cosy and welcoming at this time of year!

Thanks again Carla0911 and we look forward to seeing around the Club.
Sincerely

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Don't get me wrong, the RACV City Club is a fine hotel with all the amenities a traveler could possibly ask for but my wife and I were disappointed with their billing policy during a recent stay. We called ahead to tell them that our Jet Star flight would be late (no surprise) and we would like to cancel our first night accommodation because we wouldn't be arriving until the following day.

Although we did check in early the next morning they still charged us for the night before which is baffling because when we did the same thing at the Vive Hotel in Hawaii on the way back to Canada there was no charge and we were in fact upgraded.

Despite complaining we never did receive a satisfactory answer which speaks to their commitment to customer service. I rather doubt we'll make a booking again.

Room tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the alley.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello OutdoorsmanEdmonton. We appreciate your feedback. I understand you have been corresponding with our Duty Manager regarding our cancellation policy and hope you will take up the offer he made to you should you return to Melbourne.
Sincerely

Reviewed 23 May 2017

My partner and I stayed here in October 2015 and I have arranged many work functions and events at the RACV city club. The professionalism of the staff is outstanding and friendly. I have booked many doctors in here and they are use to the best, they have also gone out of their way to accommodate a staff member with a disabled room last minute after a recent surgery. The rooms are modern and what you would expect from a high end accommodation venue. I highly recommend booking any events, meeting or accommodation at the club. The buffet breakfast spread in the morning is wonderful. They do have a strict dress code, no ripped jeans, tank tops, thongs, etc.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager C, General Manager at RACV City Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for your lovely review Rachel C. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and you are able to make such frequent use of our excellent Conference and Event facilities. Our Bistro breakfast buffet is very popular with our members; especially the pancake machine!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I was in a quandary whether to rate it 3 or 4. Everything I had experienced deserved a 4 except for the strands of hair on the bathroom floor when I checked in. Cleanliness in a hotel is very important to me and if I can see hair all over the bathroom floor, I wonder what can't I see. That aside, RACV City Club is very conveniently located in the free tram zone and only 8 minutes' walk straight down Bourke Street from Southern Cross Station (where the Skybus terminal is). As it is surrounded mainly by offices, the area is quiet after business hours which made for a pleasant after-dinner walk late one evening. Having said that, I discovered lively nightclubs and bars round the corner on Queen Street and Little Collins Street.

Reception staff was professional, albeit detached. My room was spacious and well-appointed with a good sized desk, L'Occitane toiletries, half-a-dozen hot drink choices and in-room climate control. The breakfast buffet was tasty and it took me 2 hearty breakfasts to sample, at most, 75% of the hot and cold dishes. I also had the pleasure of dining in the Members' Dining Room which was overseen by an attentive maitre d'.

This hotel certainly has a lot to offer and I will get over the hair...in time.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Caroline K, General Manager at RACV City Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear gjabba

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay at the RACV City Club.

It is certainly disappointing that we failed to meet your and our own expectations on the cleanliness of your bathroom. Your bathroom should have been serviced appropriately and I do apologise that we failed to deliver on the cleanliness expected. I have passed on your feedback to my housekeeping team to ensure that the standards of cleanliness is addressed.

I was pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and that you had the pleasure of dining on the Members' Dining Room.

I do appreciate the feedback provided and when you are next staying with us and you have time, please take the opportunity to introduce yourself when you are here.

Kind regards

Caroline

General Manager - RACV Club

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Great hotel... very central location to CBD with great and high quality and standards... good in house restaurant and good breakfast buffet...very good and friendly staff... reasonable rates especially as a RACV member...rooms are very clean and modern

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Wonnie2008

Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at the RACV City Club.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and agreed that the location is great within the CBD. I have passed on your comments to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

My best regards