“Yummy Lunch!”
Review of Astroluxe

Astroluxe
Ranked #766 of 4,328 Restaurants in Melbourne
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We went to Astroluxe this afternoon for a late lunch - we were served by a gorgeous smiling waitress named Heidi. We had the beef soba noodles, rhubarb porridge and the Green with Envy smoothie. All the dishes were absolutely divine - reasonably priced and beautifully presented. Calm atmosphere, very clean and genuinely friendly staff. We will definitely be back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Another new place in Bentleigh East, which is great news for us residents! Menu looked ok but as it was lunch time I went for the burger, which was nicely cooked and had a bit of a tang to it with jalapenos which was nice. My wife had the light pumpkin pastry thing which she liked. Her smoothie though was very nice but at $10 was a very pricey drink.

The downside of this and other new cafes popping up nearby is their competition of who can be the most expensive! Not sure where Melbourne is heading with these costs of eating out.

I would have thought that you would get more people returning if the costs were within reason. A $20 plate of eggs is hard to swallow, pardon the pun!

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Despite being expensive Astroluxe is currently on trend as it's the new kid on the block. It's trying to be cool but there's something missing.... Good food!
My first visit had my food delivered so salty it was inedible, staff were happy to exchange for another but the new dish (same meal) was half the size and not presented with the same care - not a great first impression.
I tried again a month later and was again disappointed; the special of the day, a hot pot, was delivered cold.
I've tried this place twice and won't be going back.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Unfortunately Melbourne Cafe's all tend to be hewn from the same block, which is a shame because it means there's not a lot to distinguish them from each other.
Astroluxe kinda fits in that category, it has all of the required trappings, 5 sense coffee , and the barista is competent and makes a good coffee. Prana Chai is available. Along with the large cookies I see in most places ($4 for a cookie! what have we become).
Food, well there was a smashed-avo-bacon and egg on toast with something...I drifted off. Which my wife had, unfortunately it was all one note textually, mushy, on a bed of crunchy toast. I had the pancakes-banana-custard-nuts-dark-chocolate creation. Which was nice, some of the flavours were not strong enough to pull through but the texture was broken up by the muesli and raspberries.
Overall it was fine, but no stand outs.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Great news, there's a great new breakfast place open in the East Bentleigh area. The menu offers a brilliant range of options, covering a wide range of tastes. The coffees and herbal teas are spot on, as is the table service. This place is a real winner for breakfast, brunch or lunch.

2  Thank Peter V