“Delicious pizza, super efficient service”

DOC Pizza & Mozzarella Bar
Ranked #119 of 4,396 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Having heard amazing things about this place we went for pizza one evening and were not disappointed. It's authentically Italian food service by Italian people. Would go again.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

The pizza was amazing but I can't say much for service. We came in the aftenoon in between the lunch/dinner rush. There were 3 of us, the place was not busy at all and yet we were sat at a 2-person table instead of a 4-person table. Our plates were hanging off the table due to lack of space for three orders. We came to catch up with a friend but were rushed out as if it was a fast food restaurant - tables completely cleared and bill immediately brought out once we said we were not having desert. Would've wanted more water given the insanely hot day but our glasses were cleared, too. Not a pleasant sit down experience, especially when the place was still had many empty tables when we left.

1  Thank NWiseman37
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

I'm no lover of pizza and DOC was not my choice for this family outing. Anyway we got there after 7.30 to a very long queue outside. After 10 minutes we were seated inside upstairs. Our male waiters were straight off the boat from Italy and had that lovely Italian charm. The menu focussed on pizzas and salad, with mozzarella and salami platters. Service was prompt and our orders came out quickly. I had the Speck Pizza which had prosciutto and that special buffalo mozzarella. It was fine but Im no aficionado of mozzarella or prosciutto. I would have like more greenery on my pizza but that was me. Our bottle of Italian red was lovely. My tea came out as a boutique tea bag. The noise level were high and I struggled a bit to hear the conversation. It was an experience, but Fourno in Sydney was much more enjoyable. $159 for four pizzas and a bottle of red.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

This place had been recommended to me by two different people and I came here with my Italian cousins for lunch. It was packed but we only had to wait for about 4 minutes.The maitre'd was rude and arrogant (typical Southern Italian no doubt) as we're from the North and he obviously had no idea we were Italian. He tried to move us out the way at one point but there was nowhere to move.
We ordered a radicchio salad and we could see it was clearly stocked in the glass cabinet but he told us there wasn't any? He probably assumed we didn't know what it was or like it. We grew up with it BTW! Anyway we ordered a Pizza San Daniele, and another pizza along with a rocket and pear salad and a caprese salad. My caprese salad I made at Christmas was better! The rocket salad was really nice but would have been nicer with toasted walnuts and a bit of gorgonzola. Presentation of this and the pizzas were great as was our wine. Coffees after were good also. I will not tolerate rude service so if it wasn't for my cousins taking me there, I actually would just walk out and not stay but we persevered and I had to bite my tongue.

1  Thank Nina044
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Like a lot of places in Melbourne you can't book here, but the staff are very efficient and do a good job of making sure you aren't waiting long.
The pizza is really good, and the atmosphere of the place is great, would definitely recommend venturing outside the CBD to try this place!