5 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 14/10/22
FindHotel
US$140
Free cancellation until 16/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.comUS$145
eDreamsUS$146
EtripUS$140
5,098 results
All reviews mr hive luxe room valet parking steam room top floor room service buffet breakfast city view south bank mini bar yarra river pillows southbank loft gym luxury conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2020

We came to Crown Metropol for our wedding night and everything was just great, I couldn't recommend it more! The hotel is located so conviently on the river and so accesisible to many parts of the buzzing city, it is a beautiful city hotel with many services on offer, including the pool and spa on 27th floor which is all included in the price of the room! We loved the whole experience, the service and breakfast (we paid extra for) were also amazing! The staff had no issue with our hair/makeup artist coming up to the room and several of our guests also. Thanks to Crown Metropol for the great service and always being so helpful and creating a great atmosphere for our wedding!! 5/5

Review collected in partnership with Crown Resorts and Medallia
2  Thank Flick729
CrownHotelsManager, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2020

Dear Flick729,

Thank you for your five-star review and congratulations on your recent wedding.

Our team takes pride in providing a warm and welcoming experience for all our guests, and I am glad to hear that we are meeting our high standards. Your comments will be shared with the team, and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2020

I stayed with my daughter & 2 young grandchildren in a double (twin) room for 3 nights. The service in this hotel was excellent. The fantastic rooftop pool was a big hit. We had a wonderful view from the 14th floor.
My only comment is why on earth is the bathroom area virtually open to the rest of the room? You can push sliding screens across but not to completely seal it off. In addition, the toilet & shower in the bathroom have see through doors & dividing wall with a kind of corrugated glass. OK, we are family, but a word to the wise to those, like me, who prefer their privacy.

2  Thank 87ianw

Dear 87ianw,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

It was wonderful to see that your overall stay with us was so enjoyable. With so many great facilities within the hotel and the wider Crown complex, there is no shortage of activities for you to enjoy. The design of our guest rooms does have a unique style and I understand that this may not appeal to everyone.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2020 via mobile

What a difference a good nights sleep makes and unfortunately none of us got even 1 out of 3 that we stayed The pillows start out fluffy and high and by morning they are pancake flat and they are all the same so no choice

I had to go to the gym showers hoping the shower pressure would be strong enough to rinse my hair but only slightly better than the poor pressure in the room

Definitely not what I expected and very disappointed

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jo R

Dear Jo R,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

I was naturally disappointed to learn your recent stay did not meet your expectations. I am unsure if you spoke to a manager during your visit; however, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail. If you are amenable our Hotel Duty Manager can be contacted on +61 3 9292 8328.

Reviewed 24 January 2020

Little setback compared to other Crown options but easy enough access to the overall crown facilities. I don’t gamble and didn’t find the Vegas style setup offensive or obstructive. Loads good and bar options, cinema, shopping and the river Southbank precinct. Great food room service late at night, excellent service. Room was loft style very comfy and well thought out. Well priced during australian Tennis peak time!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Crown Resorts and Medallia
2  Thank GeorginaC595

Dear GeorginaC595,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2020

My mum and I went to stay at crown Metropol as we do every year and normally always have a lovely time and that’s why we return every year however this year was a complete 180!! The room we got was absolutely disgusting and neglected stains on the roof from water, stains on the ledges from coffee cups, the bed was scuffed everywhere, the table had chunks missing out of it and to top it off the bed had lipstick stains. Now I am aware the hotel is 10 years old but it is classified as a 5 star hotel it is the hotel’s responsibility to upkeep this “ 5 star” hotel and actually give the guests a 5 star room and these are not, not only are the rooms run down and dated and are something you would expect from a 3 star room but the cleaning isn’t up to standard anymore either.
Now we mentioned how we were unhappy with the room a we were moved which is fine we understand things happen but the next room was even worse it had actual stains on the sheets and the pillows!!
So when we calmly stated to the hotel staff this room had stains on the actual linen they moved us again however this time the duty manager was disgustingly rude to my mum who was nothing but nice and respectful through this whole process was threatened to be kicked out!!!! This is absolutely disgusting and I’m horrified of the treatment we received!! It’s not our fault if you have no other rooms available, we even offered to pay for a upgrade to make sure we got a room worth paying the money we were spending. We will never stay at this hotel again mostly because of how they treated us, when you are spending this sort of money on a room you deserve to actually be given a room up to standard I think this hotel needs to seriously think about the upkeep and giving it a face lift if you can justify the prices. And I strongly believe the duty manager that was working on the dates of the 5th to the 7th needs to be given some kind of punishment for making a guest cry and treat them like they aren’t worthy of staying at the facility.

Trip type: Travelled with family