“Good honest food and service”
Review of Green Pepper Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Green Pepper Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 2 May 2015

All good...food quite authentic and well priced, service was good, try the godfather beer with your spicy curries for a real treat

Reviewed 23 April 2015

Well placed in the middle of Melbourne, reasonably priced and perfectly acceptable Indian food. Nothing particularly stood out good or bad, we had a nice meal. Not necessarily a place you'd pick for a special occasion, but a good mid-week regular.

1  Thank Ian G
Reviewed 9 April 2015

really don't know the difference between the red pepper restaurant next door (they say this is fine dine as compared to red pepper)
but the food & service is as good as the red pepper
prices slightly higher but still quite economical when compared to other places

3  Thank manojB23
Reviewed 7 April 2015

I saw two restaurant signs - Red Pepper and Green Pepper - so being a chilli lover - couldn't go any further. We initially went into the Red Pepper - but it was completely packed with a 30 minute wait. The waitress suggested we might want to go next door - as the chef and management were the same. We were delighted with that option. The Red Pepper is a casual restaurant - no table clothes etc whereas the Green Pepper is a bit more up-market for only a few dollars more per course which we considered money well spent. The decor was totally different - ambient lighting, table clothes etc.

We started with complimentary chapati and yoghurt sauce followed by goat patties which we shared - delicious. I had goat curry which said hot on the menu - however I like "true heat" so I was give a bowl of wonderful Indian chillies - if I had not had the chillies I would not have found it hot - but the extra chillies gave me extra heat. I really enjoy goat meat - and this was good. My husband had butter chicken which he really enjoyed. The meal was lovely and we both enjoyed the evening.
The service was excellent and the young owner moved between restaurants checking that everything was working well - he would have seemed like another guest except I am a "people watcher" - however I know if there had been any problem it would have been solved quickly.
I had the most beautiful chardonnary - lest sweet than Australian chardonay - Kingfisher Bohemia - $6 glass or $24 bottle - we had a bottle. Total including wine was $70. Highly recommend this restaurant

1  Thank Tassietaste
Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

We both, Myself and my husband,had dinner and breakfast here at Green Pepper Indian restaurant. I think this is one of the best Indian restaurants we have been to. We are vegetarian, and they had plenty of vegetarian options to choose from. Our food was freshly made and full of flavors.
Staff was very professional and friendly.
Prices are very reasonable. For $35 we both had a royal meal including 6 different food items.
I can't wait to go back there again.

1  Thank Raati