All reviews electric blinds southern cross station spencer suite wifi connection was excellent the recently renovated rooms ihg member road works spencer st train station power outlets pancake machine huge shower egg station main cbd ten minute walk swimming pool basic amenities
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Holiday Inn hotels can be anything from basic upwards, and this one was pleasantly well equipped. The rooms were clean, modern, comfortable bed and pillows, good A/C, and everything I needed for the night. Their restaurant was excellent - which is unusual for a hotel restaurant.
I'd definitely use this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Charlie W
holidayinnmelbourne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Charlie W,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our modernised rooms. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Although we arrived much earlier than the check in time, we received a very warm welcome by their front desk staffs and they accommodated us 3 out of the 4 rooms reserved.
It was a very helpful gesture since we flew for 9hrs+road travel with kids, having some rooms to rest a bit and freshen up makes our visit that day a fresh one.
The hotel has a very good location, although some road works on the side which blocked the view while sitting at breakfast, otherwise everything was perfect.
Room size is decent and their beds were comfy.
Maybe the only not so nice is their coffee at breakfast which tasted like water and nothing like a coffee (is instant grounded coffee but still that may be the worst I ever had).

Trip type: Travelled with family
holidayinnmelbourne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Veteranito,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly refurbished hotel rooms. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our coffee, this will be considered when evaluating our buffet breakfast.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Clean, modern and very comfy room with excellent service and a great breakfast with plenty of variety. Highly recommend for all type of travellers. Suitable for seniors and disabled tourists. Would stay here again when visiting Melbourne.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
holidayinnmelbourne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear paulinejean1953,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our service and breakfast. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Stayed here recently while in Melbourne for work. Myself and my colleagues were very happy with every aspect of our stay. Service was attentive, staff were lovely, rooms were spacious and nicely decorated, and the breakfast offering was plentiful. If I had to point out 2 minor details it would have been nice to have had a bath in the bathroom (although the dual rain shower was a nice touch) and the room suffered from a bit of street noise as the windows don' t appear to have soundproofing/double glazing (I was on the 5th Floor). That being said I would have no hesitation in staying here again. Highly Recommended.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
holidayinnmelbourne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear jsj67,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly renovated rooms. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the soundproofing of our windows, we are currently in the process of working towards a solution and hope that next time that you stay with us that this will be resolved.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I have been using this hotel for many years (regular commuting for work). Recently met a friend for a few days R&R. The recent upgrade is now complete and looks fantastic in terms of the quality of the amenities and the bed (pillows and mattresses). New TVs and channels are also welcome thank you! Proximity to Southern Cross and trams that head in all directions (not to mention both the MCG and Ethiad) make this a perfect spot. My only complaint is that because I stay regularly for work and there are times when I just cannot be bothered going out to eat and want more than a salad from Woolies, the new room service menu has removed a few of the old faves. I didn't use it very often but it was nice to know it was there. That said, if you can drag yourself out there's a great Thai place (568 Collins Street - Miss Siam Thai I think) that will curb your hunger!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
holidayinnmelbourne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Sha_57,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and your loyalty. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly refurbished rooms. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our room service menu, this will be passed onto the relevant manager.