1,009 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend and it was absolutely horrible. Stacy at reception was very rude and we didn’t feel welcome from the moment we stepped into the building. The rooms weren’t very clean, and nothing like the photos online. Came to Melbourne to watch my friend in a competition that I couldn’t even go to because I needed to leave my ID at reception until I checked out. Getting to the hotel to be told I needed to provide a $200 bond for the room, even though I had called the previous day confirming my booking and pricing and this was not mentioned. If we hadn’t have already paid for the room we would have gone elsewhere for the weekend. Was just a waste of money really. Will not be coming back and will be telling all our friends and family. Would recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear ambz97

Thank your for your candid feedback. I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the competence of our front desk team.

Please email us with a phone number or email address so our Front Desk Manager can discuss your further.

Kind Regards

Russell

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Bayview compared to the past not quite up to scratch obviously got a reasonable deal for 2 which included buffett breakfast, average sustainable breakie, get you ready for the day service good. The room was average not the best noticed tiles in bathroom chipped, etc needs a good upgrade but the room attendants good. When checking out we had to wait for room inspection never had that before so felt very uncomfortable about that don't why it was required as they had credit card details so any problems we would have known. Noticed a person in front of us checking out complained they gave him 10% percent reduction as we didn't complain got zilch. So people complain you get discount by the looks !! If you intend to stay there pay average price for average room and average breakfast have an average holiday enjoy !!

Room Tip: Get breakfast included nice way to start the day if you are walking around sight seeing
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear 00gypsy44

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback of your stay. We are saddened to read that a few aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations or live up to our service standards.

I understand that we cannot reverse your experience, however I would like to take this opportunity to offer our sincere apologies for the inconveniences encountered during your stay. We do hope that you give us the opportunity of welcoming you again and the opportunity of extending our warm hospitality. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally.

Best regards,
Russell

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked a three night stay in this hotel over the weekend to meet with some old friends in the city. The hotel is in a good location, about a 10min taxi ride to the city or 15mins on the tram which is only a short walk from the hotel.

I decided to drive from Sydney over two days and arrived late afternoon at Bayview on the Park, easy navigation from the motorway and all went well.

First impressions of the outside was that the hotel looked quite tired although when you enter the building the reception area is quite nice. At check in we were informed that a $200 security deposit was required, which came as a surprise because nothing on the booking suggested that such a high deposit was required. Thankfully our financial situation is such that it didn't cause us any issues but I do think that $200 is a lot of money to ask and some people might not be able to afford that sort of deposit.

Anyway, I had to move the car because the spaces at the front of the hotel are apparently short stay, despite there being no signs to suggest that this was the case. There is a bigger car park at the back of the hotel which you need to either drive up a narrow lane, which despite there being no parking signs, three cars were parked in, making it a bit of a squeeze to get through, or, go back on to the main road and work your way around. The hotel charges $13 per night for the car park, which I personally think is an absolute rip off but I was left with little choice. The car park does not look safe, graffiti on some of the walls, dark and dingy, some cars more abandoned than parked but I did get a space on the top floor which is not under cover. There's no lift in the car park so I had to walk down two flights of stairs to get to the entrance of the hotel. And on check out had to walk up those stairs with a heavy suit case and other luggage.

The room was nice enough, pretty spacious and the bed was comfortable for what it was. The bath, if you can even call it that, is very shallow, more like a shower tray than a bath and the overflow drain had been glued over therefore when the bath is filled to a reasonable level and you move/get out, the whole bathroom gets flooded. The shower, which is above that shallow bath, was okay, although it was pretty loose and kept gradually falling down despite it being as tight as it would go.

The view from our room would have been very nice had the windows been cleaned, filthy both inside and out, never cleaned by house keeping the entire time we were there. The window also let's in a lot of noise from the busy road outside so trucks etc. going past the hotel are easily heard at all times of the day and night.

On our last night, we were joined by what I believe was some kind of school trip, they arrived fairly late, after 10pm and were extremely noisy. As I had a long drive back to Sydney ahead I wanted to get a good sleep before hitting the road, as it turned out, it was well after 1am before the noise was at a level where I could sleep. Three complaints to reception and one directly to one of the rooms had very little impact on the shouting/screaming/laughing/slamming doors.

At check check out we were not asked how our stay was by the receptionist. He advised that of the $200 security deposit I had to leave, they had deducted the parking cost and the cost of a room service dinner we ordered and the remainder would be refunded upon inspection of the room. He then picked up the phone and asked someone to inspect the room, hung up after asking the person to check the room and immediately refunded the remainder of my deposit, quite how the person he spoke to was able to get to and check the room within the 30sec call is anyones guess.

For all of the reasonas above, I won't be staying at this hotel again. There are plenty of other options available in the area and I would suggest anyone reading this looks at them.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Peter M

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay.

I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to all relevant Managers for further discussions .

We do hope you give us another chance. Please reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I had the great pleasure of staying in this hotel just recently, and I have to admit that it was one of the greatest experiences of my week. The Staff were warm and welcoming from the time of arrival all the way through to check out, and nothing was too much effort.

The rooms are modestly set out and the let me tell you that the beds are some of the best that I have ever slept in, warm comfortable, and an innocent anaesthetic to the weary traveller.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone

Stayed: July 2018
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear dianaotoole76

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.

I am sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Stayed 3 nights, hotel is showing its age in particular the public areas, lobby restaurant and Pool. Staff are friendly, meals were quite good, breakfast could do with a little more variety other than scrambled egg. The room itself was clean. For the price it was adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a Park view Room away from the Elevators
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Bayview Eden M, General Manager at Bayview On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Macca1961,

It is wonderful to read that you had a comfortable stay with us and found it to be good value for money. Thank you for your valued comments and for noting that our staff are friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to in the future.