Grand Hyatt Melbourne
    Quest on Bourke(Melbourne)
    The Carlton Club(Melbourne)
    • Bar/Lounge
    4,766 results
    All reviewscollins kitchenthe club loungemarble bathroomcollins streetstar hotelroom servicecorner roomfederation squarebeautiful hotelbuffet breakfastking roomvalet parkingyarra riverlate checklocation is excellentgreat roomcentral location
    Reviewed 27 December 2011

We took advantage of a special deal from one of the travel shows on TV and what a relaxing and gorgeous stay it was. We were in one of the 'lead-in' priced rooms with a fantastic bathroom and views over the city in a really great location (cnr Collins and Russell Street).Take some time out to visit the biggest hotel gym I have seen with friendly and interested staff.
    The highlight was the buffet breakfast set in a beautiful space where every imaginable foodie item you would dream of having for breakfast is available. Strong coffee, a waffle and pancake station with pastry chef cooking to order, cheese and smallgoods with what must have been a French tripple cream Brie that was heavenly, yum cha dumplngs, fresh fruits and juices, eggs cooked to order with streaky grilled bacon and button mushrooms and of course the regular cereals, pastries and breads. The subtle lighting, plenty of newspapers, attentive staff - it really was the best hotel breakfast ever.

Room Tip: Ask for a Yarra River view and marvel at the amazing sports precinct in the distance.
    • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
    GrandHyattMelbourne, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Dear Clifden27, Thank you for taking to time to share a review of your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed our new guest room and buffet breakfast. May we suggest you also try our Sunday Brunch, which offers even more dishes for you to try! We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 25 December 2011

My friend and I was torn between choosing Langham and Grand Hyatt and the former was what we've chosen to spend Xmas eve. I made the booking reservation over the phone and I must say I was very impressed with the customer service exhibited by the person at the other line. When I told her that we were contemplating between Hyatt and Langham, she gave a couple of good reasons why we should choose the hotel - a "service" lacking when I phoned a couple of other nearby hotels.

Check in/ out was hassle-free - the frontdesk person (Luke) was welcoming and always smiling.
    Had a fantastic view of the southbank/flinders being at the 27th floor. Room and bathroom was clean. Bathroom amenities - the booking was for 3 pax; we were provided 3 towels but was only given a couple of the complimentary toothbrush, etc (not a really a big deal since we brought our own anyway, but expected that these be for 3 pax as well)

complimentary buffet breakfast was great with a massive selection of food
    Pool was OK but water was salty - felt we were swimming in a sea

The only downside was the airconditioning. My friend and I felt as if we were not in a 5-star hotel. temperature can only go down to 18.5 and the positioning of the air-conditioner was not the best. It is situated at the top left side of the bed, therefore, the air travels to the far end of the window that must then bounce back to the wall where the bed is at. We were sweating by 3am and wanting to ring housekeeping/frontdesk to provide us a with a "fan" (!). My friend's daughter who occupied the rollaway bed was the only one who had a good sleep because she got a grasp of the (reasonably) cool air. Thank goodness for the comfy bed and pillows, we still felt a bit rested.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors so you get a good view of the city
    • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear cr-t-q, Thank you for your important comments in relation to our hotel. Your lovely feedback to our staff will be shared with the team. In relation to your comments on the air-conditioning not being cool enough to your liking; please know that this has been shared with our Engineering team to review for future improvements of our guests. We do hope you will choose to celebrate another special occasion with us in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt recently...very lucky to score a room in this hotel with a 'mystery' deal from an internet on-seller. The staff were very professional, polite and helpful and were not fishing for tips. The room was very clean and well appointed. It wasn't the biggest room, but was very well laid out. The king bed was extremely comfortable and was not split in the middle as some are. I really liked getting two different sized pillows...which is a great touch. The hotel is very central to the tram line, south bank and the main shopping area. The tram to St Kilda leaves from the front of the hotel. It is also just an enjoyable 20 minute walk to the MCG/tennis centre/AAMI. A tip for those travelling to Melbourne - if you are going to use the trams (which are excellent) save your coins as the machine on the tram is coin only. We didn't actually partake, but the seafood buffet for Sunday lunch at the Hyatt looked really fresh and good value.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
    1  Thank thumper151

Dear thumper151, Thank you for your lovely kind comments in relation to our hotel. We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and that we met your expectations. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

The Grand Hyatt is centrally located, easy walking distance to plenty of shopping and restaurants. The rooms are nicely appointed with all features you would expect, except one. I am dissapointed that there is no good quality office chair in the room. While the small lounge and dining table effect would be great if I was travelling with my partner, it was not particularly good when I wanted to spend a few hours working on my laptop in the evening. It is quite possible housekeeping could supply a chair if you ring and ask, but that just gets annoying. The hotel knows I am travelling alone, and knows I am on a corporate rate - they should expect I want a good work environment.

Do not get me wrong - this is one minor criticism in what is otherwise a very good establishment.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
    GrandHyattMelbourne, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dear dvd_blah, Thank you for taking to time to share a review of your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed our location and our new guest room! We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

We have just spent a night at the Grand Hyatt in Melbourne. We have previously chosen to stay at the Park Hyatt, but I chose the Grand this time because it was convenient to the shops (for a bit of last minute Christmas shopping) and to a birthday party we were attending. It was great. My husband said he preferred it to the Park Hyatt. The rooms have been refurbished since my last stay and congratulations to the designer - they are really well done. It was great to see something a bit different to your normal hotel room and the attention to detail was brilliant. There was a powerpoint right where I needed to plug in my computer and another one where I wanted to iron. Well done, we will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear luxevalusess, we are so pleased to read of your satisfaction with our hotel and our complete interior redesign. We hope to see you again soon.