Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$121
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$109
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$121
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$164
US$122
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$112
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$133
US$111
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$147
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
4,820 results
All reviewscollins kitchenthe club loungemarble bathroomcollins streetstar hotelroom servicecorner roomfederation squarebeautiful hotelbuffet breakfastvalet parkingking roomyarra riverlate checkgreat roomlocation is excellentcentral location
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here 2 years ago for a conference and then again this year. The rooms have been upgraded in that time I think. Very modern and elegant. Rooms have flat screens and ipod docs as you would expect. Nice lobby to catch up with people. Enjoyed my 2nd stay here much more than the first.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
GrandHyattMelbourne, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Shane G
Thank you for your kind review. You are correct in assuming that our guest rooms have been recently refurbished, now reflecting a modern residential design framed with spectacular city views. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

My son and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 3 nights. The service at check-in left something to be desired. I was asked for my credit card, was handed a plastic key and was waved in the direction of the elevators. I had no idea where I was going or how to use the key (did not know you need to use it in the lift, a kind guest showed this and then showed me to my room). In-room dining is a different story, Vlad was a stand out staff member. His impeccable service was 5 star and delivered the best customer service I have ever experienced. Emily was our hostess during breakfast and high tea and was also a stand out. Her delightful nature and attention to detail was something to behold and the GH should be thrilled to have both her and Vlad on staff.

Upon check-in, I ordered the complimentary newspaper but each morning I had to call downstairs as it had not been delivered. One cheeky woman on front desk suggested I "pop down to level 1 and collect it" at $380 a night, I would expect a newspaper I had ordered would be brought to me!! Another drawback was the dreadful noise from the room next door, showers running for no less than 30 minutes AT 5AM!!!!! Loud chatter in the hallway and doors slamming at all hours took away from the luxurious surroundings.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, book the entire floor!!! ALWAYS request Vlad to deliver in-room dining.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear AlisonD75,
Thank you for your comments and we appreciate your thorough review of our hotel.
We are pleased to hear that a couple of our standout staff members made a huge difference to your stay and we will pass on the feedback.
However it is disappointing that all levels of service were not up to scratch. Grand Hyatt Melbourne prides itself on providing attentive 5-star assistance to meet our guests’ needs, so anything less is unacceptable.
We hope that you will choose us again and allow us to turn your experience around. We’ll keep Emily and Vlad on standby!

Reviewed 20 March 2012

There was a time when a stay here was hit and miss but my last two stays have been very comfortable. There's clearly been effort going into the hotel over the past few years and it shows. Service was excellent, price was tolerable, meals were excellent, and the beds are just about the most comfortable I've slept in. I never sleep well in hotels - except here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SteaknKidney
GrandHyattMelbourne, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear SteaknKidney
We are delighted to note that you chose Grand Hyatt and that it surpassed your expectations. Our beds are so well renowned that we actually have a website where you can buy them - A little extreme, then perhaps you’ll need to stay again for a fabulous night’s sleep!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

i was completely underwhelmed by the overpriced ($580 per night) hotel, i stayed four nights, i cannot recall a time in Australia where i have stayed in such a small room in an alleged 5star hotel. There was not even a desk in what is supposed to be a business hotel. I had to put the computer on the bench over the mini bar and stand up to do emails and work on my computer. there is also no stationery i couldnt find an envelope to send a letter in and had to go to the front desk to get one.

The shower cubicle is built for one of "the beautiful people" normal size adults will find themselves bumping up against the walls of the shower.

As far as tolteries go a lovely array of empty boxes were on display, i put them in the bin but they were either "recycled" or the staff had a supply of empty boxes, are cotton buds really that expensive?

The airconditioning doesnt cool the room even after nbeing adjusted to its minimum and i assume that some energy saving measure is at play as the outside temperatures were quite reasonable, it made it really dificult to get a good nights sleep.

i did have a wonderful view of the airconditioning plant though could not tell fi it was switched on.

Coffee will take at least twenty minutes in the restaurant and if you are unlucky like i was on a sunday morning it took just over 30mins.

The only positives are the great location and the very friendly staff otherwise it wouldnt even rate one star

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Anthony T

Dear Anthony T
We thank you for sharing your detailed feedback on the layout of our recently refurbished rooms. The new work station and dining area (3 seat couch, table and chair) is a total departure from the conventional desk and chair set-up and appreciate that some guests prefer the traditional format.
In terms of the amenities being empty this is unacceptable and has been raised with our Housekeeping manager. Your comments regarding the air-conditioning have also been relayed back to our Engineering department as to the cooler temperature not being as should be.
Hyatt prides itself on providing authentic hospitality to all of our guests and we are greatly disappointed to read that the service was unacceptably slow in Collins Kitchen for your coffee service. This too has been shared with our Director of Food & Beverage.
Anthony T, we hope you will stay again and afford us the opportunity to turn your Hyatt experience completely around.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

First time I was here I couldn't find the right way in! All good, I got the feeling you could park on an old aged pensioner and they would get our car, clean it an spark it securely along side the fancy boy toys that F 1 brings to town. I am a gold Hyatt member so this review may be biased but the room is huge, the spa and bath lovely and the room service is perfect. Infant as long as I'm not paying this is the best place or me in Melbourne! I do love it here, the wholE package is on show and I am a big fan, even if the lifts are in a really odd position and all the staff have overly stressed 'tres bon' European accents!

Room Tip: Any room. I have entered this five times and it keeps asking me for more data so h ow about ' any room will do?
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Alan E
Thanks for your fantastic comments and hopefully you return sometime soon! The newly refurbished rooms do impress and glad that you agree. The Grand Prix is a great time to really enjoy the energy of the Melbourne city centre.