4,980 results
All reviews collins kitchen the club lounge marble bathroom collins street star hotel corner room room service federation square beautiful hotel buffet breakfast valet parking yarra river late check great room location is excellent central location city
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I believe the Grand Hyatt Melbourne first opened its doors in 1986. Then in 2007/2008 the Hotel underwent a major renovation/upgrade with bars, restaurants and all lobbies
changing from very much art deco to a more contemporary version. Then in 2011
all the 550 rooms (including 84 club rooms) had a refurbishment with a focus on ensuring facilities were in place for the business traveller. Anyway the hotel has a great central location for everyone hence the reason for its popularity. The stay was good, rooms very good, great bed comfort, bathrooms still workable, rooms quiet. Have stayed before and will stay again. And has the Hyatt service you would expect. Grand Hyatt Melbourne offers guests the option of valet parking for AUD $55 per night, per car. Entry is accessed via their Russell Street driveway. Alternatively, the Wilson Parking undercover multi-level car park – located under the hotel – offers 24 hour parking. Access is via the Russell Street driveway and/or the car park entrance off Flinders Lane. The car park has a height restriction of 2.0 metres. Their daily overnight 24 hour charge is AUD $ 85 Monday through to Friday. As I understand the 24 hour Wilson Parking charge for the weekend days is AUD $ 12-14 per day. If in doubt about the Hyatt Parking please contact email: ghmelbourne.concierge@hyatt.com.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a fabulous and extremely comfortable hotel located in an upmarket section of Melbourne. The rooms are large, clean and well equipped.This makes your stay relaxing. There is also a fantastic gym and pool.However, the desk staff a close to useless. They have poor command of the English language, do not know the difference between a savings card and a credit card, and are not great with directions and location of landmarks. Be aware that they take a substantial deposit even if the hotel room has been fully paid for and charge five dollars to bring an empty bowl to the room! I felt that Hyatt was more interested in visitors from overseas than Australians

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I booked this facility for a weekend away to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We arrived to a fantastic welcome by staff and in our room was a bottle of Chandon and Chocolates with a lovely card congratulating us by Management.

The room was spacious, with a great view of the city and very comfortable beds. The service given to us at the Cocktail Bar, the Restaurant, Reception and Concierge was outstanding!

The location is very central to some great restaurants, the gin palace (a gin bar), whiskey bar and easy walking distance to Southbank!

I highly recommend this establishment!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our 2 night stay at the Grand Hyatt is the best hotel experience we’ve ever had!

The rooms were classy and elegant with amazing city views. The beds were super comfortable and a joy to sleep in. Bathroom was extremely clean and contained many of the necessary toiletries so even if one was to forget their toothbrush or toothpaste, they’d have no worries.

Room service was amazing, breakfast delivered into the room and setup on the table. Overall, all staff from each department were friendly and helpful. Exceptional service all around!

I sure know what hotel I’ll be staying at during my next trip to Melbourne.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I won at our footy club annual fundraiser auction a gift voucher for an overnight stay here and I say it was well worth it! Overall, it’s one of the very good hotels we’ve stayed in. Everything was as expected.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple