2,431 results
All reviews the club lounge alluvial restaurant ambassador member market lane collins street junior suite beautiful hotel natural light star hotel high tea an upgrade valet parking buffet breakfast crown casino southern cross station tram stop atrium
Reviewed 10 October 2018

This hotel is in the business district so a little slow over the weekend. The hotel itself is beautiful and the breakfast buffet and wine bar were an added benefit to the weekend. The hotel was within a decent walking distance from other city sites.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
InterContinentalMlb, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Jennifer T,

Thank you so much for sharing the kind review from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and buffet breakfast each morning.
Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards,
Max Wilton
Concierge

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We chose the IC as a quick decision for a child free celebration in our
home town. The rate was right and we are Ambassador members, always an incentive. The location at the ‘non Paris’ end of Collins Street gave us a new perspective on our city and was convenient to both Long Chim and Lui Bar, which we enjoyed. The hotel itself is not a standout, a fairly standard international business hotel in a CBD. Rooms are pleasant, entertainment system outdated, and night lights not working which was a pain. Alice was absolutely lovely on check in. Our Ambasssdor priveleges were for the most acknowledged, including an upgrade to a junior suite from a king executive and champagne to acknowledge our celebration. Thank you! A small but important gripe - as ambassador members we are able to enjoy a complimentary pay per view movie. Small as it may be, this influenced our decision to stay here and moreover our decision to not organise going to a movie at a cinema or show. It represents value in a competitive weekend market. Very disappointing to return to the room in the evening to find out that there were no pay per view movies, despite this being advertised in the room folio and on the website. Guest services ‘need(ed) to check’ before giving the advice that they weren’t available. It was too late for us to pursue another option outside the hotel, not the experience we were looking for. I have an inkling this issue may have been as we were placed on the club floor (without club access) and that there may be a DVD video library there (??) - no staff offered an explanation or a solution and we were not going to pursue when we’d settled in for the night. I wonder if the room floors where ambassadors are generally assigned do have pay per view (and, if so, why weren’t we put in this section???). If this is the case IC Melbourne, ensure you can fulfil your ambassador members privileges - if a room change or request influences this let your guest know and give them the option. We paid extra for a king exec room and missed out on a movie so I feel we should have just booked a lead in room type, and about $40-$45 out of pocket as a result of not doing so and missing movie. Breakfast was good, good selection and egg station, not of international 5* standards but perfectly nice. Would stay again if the price is right, but not blown away enough to not consider that there are other hotels in Melbourne that are great, $+/- 10%.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello rjmahony,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; we value feedback of all varieties. I am glad you took advantage of your Ambassador benefits and apologize for the hiccups you encountered. We greatly appreciate your constructive feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience. Don't worry, we'll make sure your comments will not be taken lightly & will be forwarded to the hotel for necessary corrective actions. Please stay with us again for a more gratifying experience.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

I am a frequent Intercontinental guest in both Sydney and Adelaide and have stayed at the Intercontinental in Melbourne previously for my wedding night last year and it was excellent but last night's stay was a terrible disappointment. I was convinced on check in to pre-buy the breakfast buffet, lured by promises of an extensive menu of additional items cooked by the chef outside of the normal buffet. Not only were we left waiting for 10 minutes to be shown a table due to the incredibly inefficient system but the so called extensive menu of items including waffles and eggs benedict did not exist and the staff had no idea what I was talking about. Food was very average and the hot food was cold, compared to Sydney's buffet this is sub-standard and not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel. The tray for the room service we had the evening before was still sitting outside our room at 11am when we checked out and the final nail in the coffin was a charge I have just received for a bottle of champagne from the mini bar that I did not consume, in fact my husband had bought a beautiful full sized bottle of sparkling we had consumed before we left the room for our evening function. Still struggling to get anyone from the hotel to speak to me about this erroneous charge I have not had a good experience and would not stay again.

Stayed: October 2018
2  Thank Kay L

Hi, Kay L!

Among the many options you have for lodging in the area, I appreciate you choosing us again!

I am sorry for the issues you had with your bill, as well as with the service delivered by some of our hotel crew. I would like to get more details on this and try my best to help. I sent you a private message hoping to get more information from you.

As we strive to become better, we would love to once again host your next stop in the area.

Many thanks in advance,

Anne A

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the welcome and ongoing friendly and genuine support from all staff re all requirements during our 2 night stay
Club staff especially attentive, friendly and fun
Club facilities are enjoyable considering no view
Club canapé hot offerings were very limited compared to other club experiences we have had at rival hotels
However cold selection excellent and staff serving drinks/ food was appreciated and an extra touch to the usual up and down to self serve /battle the crowd
ROOM on level 4 was excellent with internal balcony and furniture a special touch
Great access to train/ tram and all of Melbournes offerings
A fun few days !

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 371adele
InterContinentalMlb, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear 371adele,

Thank you so much for sharing the kind review from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the club experience and our lovely staff working in Club.

Kind regards,
Max Wilton
Concierge

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Great architecture and one of Melbourne’s classics. I like the old part of the building but everything else is also fine.

Overall, one of my favorites.

Nevertheless, today something didn’t match the 5 ⭐️ classification.... I rang ‘Room Service’ (11:10pm) hoping for some dinner and .... got cut off. Twice. Then I rang ‘Instant Service’ .... well it turned up not be that instant. No one actually answered.

So minibar tonight... I hope it improves.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Hi piancov,

I hope you are having a fine day. I am happy that you chose us for your lodging needs. It has always been our goal to deliver exemplary service and we apologize that this was not met during your stay. Your feedback will be considered for future improvements as it has always been our goal to deliver high standard guest services. Even though your stay was not spotless, we hope that your future trips will give us an opportunity to welcome you back to the property.

Many Thanks,