“A true boutique hotel”

Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection
Ranked #19 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I was delighted to arrive at the Lindrum after such a long overseas journey. The hotel staff was very welcoming, and the hotel lobby was beautiful, peaceful, and intimate. My room (1st floor) had plenty of space, with all the comforts of modernity while also retaining elements of historic charm such as the hardwoord floors and high ceilings. After getting settled in, reception had the forethought to ask how many devices I needed to connect to their complimentary wifi. I didn't think much of it at the time, until the next hotel I stayed at in Melbourne was going to charge me separately to connect each device! Since I was traveling for business and pleasure I had a laptop, ipad, and phone with me. Thankfully the Lindrum made both staying in touch with my family and checking work email effortless.

I slept very well, and ordered a (perfectly made) latte the next morning before walking over to meet my friends and co-workers for breakfast at a nearby restaurant. The hotel's location puts you in walking distance to the Flinders Street station which makes getting around Melbourne very convenient. The Lindrum really seems to have everything covered.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ValerieTraveler

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We have a night away from the kids once a year and always choose to stay in Melbourne, this time instead of one of the big hotels decided to go the boutique route. The room was lovely the bar made for a nice drink after dinner and the bed made for a great sleep. We weren't expecting great views if we wanted that we would go to the Hilton South wharf. What we expected was what we got a great smaller hotel in a great location. One thing the room wasn't ready and was being cleaned when we went into the room the house maid was a little undecided on what to do. But was friendly and after I helped fix the curtain left for some shopping. On our return a bottle of Sparkling greeted us with a note to say sorry about the mix up. it really was fine with us and a reminder that we were in a small hotel. I recommend this hotel with its great room rates and friendly staff are to the equal of any other Melbourne hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank M0WerMaN
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Lindrum is in an excellent location, convenient for cafes, restaurants and shops. Fed square is a hop, skip, jump away as is the Yarra River. Trams stop just outside. My room was very comfortable and I had a couple of good nights sleep. The room was dark and the bathroom was small - not a problem for me but you might like to ask about these two features on booking. Service at reception was exceptionally friendly. I was surprised they didn't offer to have someone carry my luggage to my room on arrival. I imagine if I'd asked this would have been sorted. Room service food was pretty good. I would go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Bevcarriage
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here for three nights in February 2012 on our round the world trip. Good staff, very helpful, nothing too much trouble. Very close to MCG, Melbourne Cricket Ground, parks, shops and food out lets etc. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet, (ours was) we were on the first floor. This hotel was named after the snooker player who had numerous records to his credit. The snooker table, (not pool table) is original and had the pleasure of a couple of frames on it. If you are planning a visit to Melbourne this is a nice boutique hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: As we have said it is quiet, clean and the room is spacious, (ours was)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan C
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here for three nights during the Moomba long weekend. The hotel is well located and only a few minutes walk away from some excellent restaurants. The staff are welcoming and friendly. We made good use of the downstairs sitting areas and pool table -great area to relax. Our room was spacious with a very comfortable bed, good toiletries and spotless. Maybe next time we would spend more to have a room with a view.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple